DVDVR Message Board

Updating Themes

RIPPA

Since I clearly am putting off work today - I am trying to update all the non-Dean created Themes that I had installed so hopefully the won't be broken (as badly)

I have only done Black Chrome so far so if you use that one - tell me if you notice a difference (good or bad)

I will continue to search for the other ones (and might have to punt on DEAN themes)

And CaliRed is done

This one still seems a touch off as the format seems to extend past the tables created but nothing where it breaks things...

(patiently waits for something to break...)

On the black theme, there are no longer the little stars or dots on the left hand side there that indicate new posts in a thread. Or, more accurately, they're there, but now they're the same color as the background. You can click in the general area and go to the first new post in a thread, but the actual indicator is no longer visible.

11 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

On the black theme, there are no longer the little stars or dots on the left hand side there that indicate new posts in a thread. This just recently happened. Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it or not.

They are there - the colors just seem to be backwards as gray seems to mean "read" where hovering over the dark gray star will bring up the "Go to 1st unread post" option.

I am looking at in now - now it is possible this is a desktop version only thing

11 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

The black theme feels extra gray now in threads, so white text in posts doesn't stand out as much.

Unfortunately I think this is a creator choice and not anything I can do (outside of digging into and changing the code by hand)

Yeah, there's a very pronounced difference between the screen that you're reading (dark gray) and the posting window that you're using (jet black), doesn't bother me in the slightest, anything is better than green and yellow. ;-)

• 7 months later...

FYI - I had to remove CaliRed due to it being incompatible with the most recent board update I had to run.

When I get the time I will see if there is an updated version of it.

For now - if you were using it, you should default back to the board's default skin