DVDVR Message Board

NOC 2013

rzombie1988

Everyone's expecting him to be stripped, so I'd play with that. Triple H confronts Bryan tonight, tells him to hand the belt over, reaches out his arms to accept it, and BOOM, Jumping Knee Strike. It could be the closest thing to the "Austin gives the stunner to McMahon for the first time" moment we get. It's when Bryan finally says enough is enough, he's earned the title twice, and it's time to throw hands with Triple H.

That is the strategy that has consistently worked with HHH.  Challenge his manhood/ring cred.  He's going out of his way to make it seem like that doesn't work anymore, like he's above it.  But Bryan standing over him saying "You want this title back, sure you could fire me, and the next Armory I wrestle in, everyone will know that's where the real WWE title is being defended...or you could get in the ring and take it back like the big man you claim to be" should be enough to get to him.

How many titles does he need to catch Flair?

• Like 3

That's good booking if it's on purpose, though - Bryan didn't even need the fast count, which makes it an even more infuriating technicality. They can't keep up the "IF Bryan can beat Orton" thing - he did, but they found a loophole. It can go a few different ways, too - it was a setup and HHH told Armstrong to do a fast count if Bryan hit The Move That Beat John Cena, Armstrong got caught up in the moment, someone on the face side (Dusty!) colluded with Armstrong in a misguided attempt to do the right thing...

• Like 1

Okay show, but nothing amazing. Odd to do the Van Terminator AFTER the match instead of just having RVD win the title. ADR is doing NOTHING as champion, which RVD can at least get a good pop. WWE Title match was good, but not much better than any of their TV matches, and the rest of the show was just there. Tons of filler too, which never helps a show.

Okay show, but nothing amazing. Odd to do the Van Terminator AFTER the match instead of just having RVD win the title. ADR is doing NOTHING as champion, which RVD can at least get a good pop. WWE Title match was good, but not much better than any of their TV matches, and the rest of the show was just there. Tons of filler too, which never helps a show.

I've been hoping that Triple H would decide unifying the WWE and World would be good for business.

Also, re: the preshow match, I kind of love 'we still like dancing but we're here to murder people and win titles' Tons of Funk. 

Also I just really like Tons of Funk. ;(

Sandow didn't cash in on ADR because he's gonna lose his cash-in match when he tries to cash in on Cody when Cody takes down ADR. Cody is a Rhodes if he's gonna get a world title, he's gotta win the big gold belt and head to the pay window, it's just right.

If they keep going with "The Move that Beat John Cena", I just hope they keep adding names to Bryan's finisher whenever he wins on ppv...so by the time Wrestlemania rolls around, it's "The Move that beat John Cena, Randy Orton, The Big Show, and The Shield."

Then HHH can swear up and down that his name won't be added to the list.

I got to figure if the plan was to strip him of the title and humiliate Bryan again over the fast count, why wouldn't they have done it last night?  Seems weird to prolong the Dusty Finish to the following night on Raw.

One reason to do a Dusty Finish is when you want to send the crowd home happy but don't result to be final.  It could be argued that they needed to give Daniel Bryan a win of some sort so that the fans don't riot, even if they plan on putting the belt back onto Orton before the next PPV.  If they didn't want to go with a DQ win and wanted to keep title matches between two main eventers as special events that are rarely on Raw (the other title isn't special), then giving Daniel Bryan an apparent win and reversing it later is one way out.

• Like 1