DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Tragic Death of The Ascension - 11/28/2017

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

When the crazy bump was very clearly not Jinder's fault at all. A couple of posts up it was "every babyface he worked with came out looking worse" when that argument can literally only be made for Nakamura. It certainly can't be made for Styles - he's the champion now and he wasn't before.

It isn't that Jinder is worthy of praise, I just don't think he deserves all the vitriol.

How is this ...

On 11/28/2017 at 11:56 PM, Rev Ray said:

... *not* Juiced Luis Guzman's fault??

I want to see any proof that Jinder has performed his finisher successfully, more than once.

26 minutes ago, nate said:

How is this ...

... *not* Juiced Luis Guzman's fault??

I want to see any proof that Jinder has performed his finisher successfully, more than once.

Sure. Here:

f93d600bc1331d1fb9658356d2c83c11a1011b63

The Khallas is a simple Cobra Clutch Slam that necessitates a simple jump up and fall into a back bump. Jinder hardly even has to do anything. Here's another example that shows even Super Worker Mojo Rawley can pull this off:

tenor.gif

When the Singh Brothers, who try to insert a flip bump into everything they do (see Orton's "reckless" back suplex bump onto the table), get a hold of a move, they try to do their wacky bullshit to it, often to their own detriment. Sometimes the worker who is actually performing the move has no control over how their opponent decides to sell it.

Again: it's totally okay not to like Jinder and I'm not saying he's at all good. I'm just saying the hatred for him here is so overblown that people are assigning blame to him for things that aren't his fault.

• Like 3

Enjoy the idiots while they're here, I am not projecting long careers for either one of them based on the silly (and dangerous) shit that they do. 

There is only one Kenny Omega, kids, don't try this stuff at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

I'm guessing they understand that too and want to make the most of it by taking crazy, unnecessary bumps. I'm not arguing it's a good idea, just guessing that's their rationale.

Well, I suppose it beats getting paid in crack by Ian Rotten for busting light tubes over your head and stapling shit to each other...

• Haha 1

Saying Jinder shouldn't be a champ because he was a jobber/in 3MB is dumb.  It's a work.  If it wasn't, you would have crazy upsets like Jinder beating Orton from time to time.  

Every member of 3MB has held titles in the past year. Jinder has carried himself as champ better than Swagger or Sheamus did in his first run. His matches are mediocre, but so are most of Brock's. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OSJ said:

Enjoy the idiots while they're here, I am not projecting long careers for either one of them based on the silly (and dangerous) shit that they do. 

There is only one Kenny Omega, kids, don't try this stuff at home.

They've already been wrestling for a decade. I'm guessing they bump that way cause they are small.