DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Tragic Death of The Ascension - 11/28/2017

Dolfan in NYC

52 minutes ago, Goodear said:

I can only imagine how much Breezango and Ascension might be able to get out of these things if they ever actually got to be on stage.

WWE may as well just have them do a travelling stage show. Can't be worse than their films.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Liv also looked lost out there, hopefully she just had nerves.

It's possible she had nerves, but it's also possible she looked lost out there because she's terrible in the ring.

Also tired of the Jinder pile-on. That bump was clearly on the Singh Brother trying to do a crazy flip bump instead of the normal way to take the move.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'd actually book Jinder over AJ at Clash of Champions to offer Jinder's naysayers a piping hot cup of shut the fuck up

May I ask how that would shut Jinder's naysayers up? Not trying to be snarky for a change, but what did Jinder show during his reign that made you believe he should have another title reign?

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

May I ask how that would shut Jinder's naysayers up? Not trying to be snarky for a change, but what did Jinder show during his reign that made you believe he should have another title reign?

Veins.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He didn't crumble under pressure.

I mean that's a pretty big requirement for a champ. Especially someone given a mega push from a jobber to the stars position.

Dude carries himself far more like a champ than he did before. 

I would love nothing more than for Jinder to come back and be able to deliver above average main event matches with guys who aren't AJ because that's all he would need to do to be a worthy champion. Oh, and no more "rook" promos, but I don't think that's on him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I mean I think we all give him credit for trying and not giving up, but he's still not, y'know, GOOD. At all.

I must be the only person who likes the Punjabi Prison match. It wasn't technically good but it was my kinda late WCW mess.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

I must be the only person who likes the Punjabi Prison match. It wasn't technically good but it was my kinda late WCW mess.

Not at all, as an old NWA and FMW fan, you can have lots of things that aren't technically "good" that are still a blast (in the case of FMW, literally) to watch. There is nothing technically proficient about Mr. Pogo carving Tarzan Goto up with a sickle, but it is great theater. 

23 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Not at all, as an old NWA and FMW fan, you can have lots of things that aren't technically "good" that are still a blast (in the case of FMW, literally) to watch. There is nothing technically proficient about Mr. Pogo carving Tarzan Goto up with a sickle, but it is great theater. 

Late 00 WCW was my jam. Fat Chick Thrilla Mile Awesome Aweaoke Bombing ICP on an ambulance then realising ICP were sliding off said ambulance and trying to grab him before that could happen is one of my fave Nitro moments. 

On topic, Jinder is so 2000 WCW. 

Jinder is such a great heat magnet. They're giving a guy who smarks universally hate -- roided up, came up in the WWE's system and has no indie cred, "eh" in terms of ring work -- a huge push. It's working in terms of angering the people who make the most noise at events, but the network, etc. Is it a draw or not? I don't really care one way or the other. But it has been a while since there has been a person who is hated this much. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

Late 00 WCW was my jam. Fat Chick Thrilla Mile Awesome Aweaoke Bombing ICP on an ambulance then realising ICP were sliding off said ambulance and trying to grab him before that could happen is one of my fave Nitro moments. 

On topic, Jinder is so 2000 WCW. 

More than not, I hated 2000 WCW.

18 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Jinder is such a great heat magnet. They're giving a guy who smarks universally hate -- roided up, came up in the WWE's system and has no indie cred, "eh" in terms of ring work -- a huge push. It's working in terms of angering the people who make the most noise at events, but the network, etc. Is it a draw or not? I don't really care one way or the other. But it has been a while since there has been a person who is hated this much. 

I have to admit that I'm enjoying Jinder more and more just because he irritates certain people so much. Certainly not the first time that Vince has presented us with a roid-monkey with limited ring ability as the champion. Come  to think of it, I liked Superst*r Billy Graham too...