DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Tragic Death of The Ascension - 11/28/2017

Dolfan in NYC

That Fashion Police segment reminded me that Saw was actually a very good horror film that gradually got worse in successive sequels.

I hate the Bludgeon Brothers name but that was a fun squash.  RIP Hype Brothers, but where does Mojo go from here?  A nowhere feud with Zack Ryder that leads to heel jobbing to the stars after the blowoff?

New Day vs. Americas Greatest Tag Team was pretty good.  It seems impossible for any member of New Day to have a bad match and Gable and Benjamin are strong enough workers to carry their end of the load. 

I am all for the Singh Brothers throwing off the chains that bound them and eventually turning face and leaving Jinder Mahal because the Bludgeon Brothers will need more victims in the future.  

Hopefully the underling betrayal does not lead to Jinder paving the way for The Great Khali to be his new henchman.  I totally support the Singh Brothers beatdown by the Maharajah because it will force Jinder to win or lose by his own merit at the PPV 

I'd actually book Jinder over AJ at Clash of Champions to offer Jinder's naysayers a piping hot cup of shut the fuck up, but it is pretty obvious that the Singhs will cost Jinder his match at the PPV.

That six woman tag team match was a match.  There was no way that they'd book an inaugural loss for the Riott Squad and they had Charlotte and Naomi save face by having Heel Natalya bug out.  Totally logical.  I wonder if Naomi is legit injured since she got booked to be stretchered out.?  Ruby's finisher is pretty hurty and God bless Charlotte for selling it like death.

You are not going to sell me on Owens and Zayn as douchebag heels by having them beat the shit out of Randy Orton.

• Like 1

The bump Naomi took into the guardrail looked nasty. Like her should hit square with the edge of the rail, hopefully it's padded. I assume that since they showed the stretcher job Naomi is OK (I hope).

Also, I wonder what made them go for a slower paced match? I liked it since it seemed like there was a struggle to get people to move around. Liv also looked lost out there, hopefully she just had nerves.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Jinder really needs to switch to a finisher he can actually do properly on a regular basis.

I'm thing something really basic.   Like a shove.  

Is that on Jinder or the Singhs apparent death wish.

CalculatingRipeEstuarinecrocodile-size_r

• Like 1

I dug the tag matches. I liked how Naomi was taken out though was worried about the rough guard rail hit. I'm not really fond of Ruby's finisher.

I'm wondering how long they plan to have the Bludgeon Brothers doing squashes before we finally get the rematch with the Usos where they finally win the damn belts 3-4 years late.

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

speaking of horrific looking bumps, Naomi got trumped on ugliest looking bump by one of the Singh's.

Don't try this at home.

On first viewing of that when I saw it live, I thought he broke his arm. The landing was just so nasty.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

That Fashion Police segment reminded me that Saw was actually a very good horror film that gradually got worse in successive sequels.

Saw I, II and VI the three best in the series

2 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Is that on Jinder or the Singhs apparent death wish.

CalculatingRipeEstuarinecrocodile-size_r

Still makes me wince. Damn.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

After seeing the Singh bump on the cobra clutch slam in slow motion, I was afraid we were going to get the Susie Spirit injury from GLOW.

Damn, why did you have to remind me of that?