DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Getting The Rights to Broken Matt - 11/27/2017

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Whether or not people outside of subcultures recognize a difference between punk and goth ignores the inarguable fact that Vince Goddamn McMahon certainly doesn't.

Which was precisely the point I made about three pages ago.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also nobody in this thread mentioned Magnum TA?  What board am I on? 

I thought the original question said injury other than death/paralysis. I think Magnum would fall under that, even if he was able to walk aided later. 

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When you order the Fat Braun, you have to yell it in the face of the Lebanese guy taking your order.

Cashier: "Ok sir, will that be al..."

Braun: "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!!!"

8 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

But no one wants Roman vs Brock at Wrestlemania 

One guy does.  He runs the company.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, Vince has no clue about any of that shit. Hell, I'm sure he hears Punk and just thinks of CM Punk.

I imagine that Vince thinks the Sex Pistols are a tagteam from ROH.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jstout said:

What about people who have a thing for both?

Like Craig?

15 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I imagine that Vince thinks the Sex Pistols are a tagteam from ROH.

Let us not forget that Sid Eudy took his name from the Sex Pistol's frontman when he was in WCCW and the rest was wrestling history, and I daresay that the gimmick probably sounded totally original and awesome since I wouldn't have pegged anyone in a 1980's Dallas Sportatorium audience to be a punk rock fan that would recognize where Eudy's ring name came from.

Pro Wrestler Sid Vicious probably weighed more than three Sex Pistols's Sid Viciouses.

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Like Craig?

Let us not forget that Sid Eudy took his mane from the Sex Pistol's frontman when he was in WCCW and the rest was wrestling history, and I daresay that the gimmick probably sounded totally original and awesome since I wouldn't have pegged anyone in a 1980's Dallas Sportatorium audience to be a punk rock fan that would recognize where Eudy's ring name came from.

Very true, and since I haven't done anything to irritate Phil today (yet), I give you this...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It wasn't as long ago for me, but still a long time ago. I still prefer women into metal and horror movies.

Kathy digs horror movies and her musical tastes kind of parallel mine, I said "kinda", she's a huge Cramps fan but also listens to people like Eddie Rabbit and Metalica (who I consider bubble-gum metal).

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It wasn't as long ago for me, but still a long time ago. I still prefer women into metal and horror movies.

My woman does not like horror movies, but she has the common decency to allow me to occasionally binge in the man cave.

We are both Old School Hip-Hop heads, though.  The radio in the Rogue is set to Backspin on Sirius XM.

17 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

.Man, I hope it's not too late for Broken Matt.

Me, too.  I'm just sad that he's being allowed to work the Broken gimmick just in time to languish in a singles feud with Bray Wyatt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Like Craig?

Let us not forget that Sid Eudy took his name from the Sex Pistol's frontman when he was in WCCW and the rest was wrestling history, and I daresay that the gimmick probably sounded totally original and awesome since I wouldn't have pegged anyone in a 1980's Dallas Sportatorium audience to be a punk rock fan that would recognize where Eudy's ring name came from.

Pro Wrestler Sid Vicious probably weighed more than three Sex Pistols's Sid Viciouses.

As a kid I only knew wrestling Sid.