DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Getting The Rights to Broken Matt - 11/27/2017

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't say much about this Paige stable.  I'll give it time but maybe Mandy and Sonya don't need to be on the microphone right now.  

Ha, I saw Mandy with a mike in her hand when she was standing on the apron and I was begging that she keep it short.....and of course, she didn't.  Paige is the mouthpiece, Sonya does the dirty work, Mandy picks up the scraps while acting like she's a badass.  Why is it so hard for them?

I like Paige's group taking out Bayley and Mickie before the match. I'm kind of indifferent on their stable name. I pretty much hate their reason to exist. I did Like Alexa disappearing before any attention turned to her. I also dug Absolution not quite being ready to fuck with Asuka.

Reigns/Drifter was better than expected.

Braun's destruction of Kane was awesome.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Yeah, but the “No we don’t” chant was relatively faint and clearly just  dudes.

Hush Johnny, you know the rules. Can't say anything good about THAT guy, lest you become a leper among the wrestling intellectuals. Don't mention how he made Elias look like a star in their match, NOPE. And us wimmen and chilluns think with our hormones and underdeveloped minds when it comes to him, can't be that we have logical thoughts and opinions worthy of consideration or respect.

Finn Balor deserves more sympathy, anyway. Not joking about that, at least Jordan's part of the story is following a pattern that may lead to a shift in character. I can't see any clue what the endgame for Balor will be. The main event shifted heavy towards a Big Boys Division in his absence and now Finn is drifting in no man's land. Unless they have Reigns drop the IC Title to Joe at some point, then have Finn go after Joe. Balor's injury has to be in the Top 5 of most poorly-timed in wrestling history.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

She’s probably done after Mania. The tragic death of her fiancée likely bought her a Mania payday

They had her job to Asuka in 10 seconds on the day her mother is having pretty major surgery, and thus not being there. Wouldn't surprise me if Dana wants to be gone at this point.

34 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

You think anyone actually cares about the distinction between emo, punk and goth? You dumb emo goth punks. 

Best post in thread.

"How dare you confuse the girl with the pale skin and dark hair and listens to shitty mall punk with the girl with pale skin and dark hair who listens to different punk?!"

I'm simultaneously dreading/anticipating the Broken Matt Hardy stuff, as written by WWE writers.  It will be a mixture of brilliance (the stuff Matt does), insanity (the stuff the WWE writers do) and stupidity (The stuff Vince tells Michael Cole to explain "Tell them that Matt Hardy is just a broken guy who wants to have fun, dammit!").

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Aren't the terms goth and punk and all this just sweeping generalizations and labels or something of who someone is. I listen to mostly rap and in the 90s a lot of it was gangsta rap but I wasn't a gangsta. I didn't wear a blue flag and drive a '64 impala. I guess I've never understood labels.  

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Hush Johnny, you know the rules. Can't say anything good about THAT guy, lest you become a leper among the wrestling intellectuals. Don't mention how he made Elias look like a star in their match, NOPE. And us wimmen and chilluns think with our hormones and underdeveloped minds when it comes to him, can't be that we have logical thoughts and opinions worthy of consideration or respect.

Finn Balor deserves more sympathy, anyway. Not joking about that, at least Jordan's part of the story is following a pattern that may lead to a shift in character. I can't see any clue what the endgame for Balor will be. The main event shifted heavy towards a Big Boys Division in his absence and now Finn is drifting in no man's land. Unless they have Reigns drop the IC Title to Joe at some point, then have Finn go after Joe. Balor's injury has to be in the Top 5 of most poorly-timed in wrestling history.

Still betting it's Balor vs Lesnar at Rumble. But it's too soon to start the build. Logical way is Heyman to come back and say the only person Lesnar hasn't beat is Finn, but it's not worth his time.

Then you get weeks of Finn picking up wins/demanding the match. Finally Brock returns, destroys Finn on Raw.

Finn gone a few weeks. Brock and Heyman on Raw laugh about lack of competition. Suddenly The Demon King emerges. Brock loses his shit - he actually backs out the ring yelling "I'm a fighter, what is this?"

Course then I'd have Demon Finn beat him clean. And this is why I earn five Figures a year. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sasha being maybe 4th on the RAW women power rankings makes me unhappy. Never had a proper run with the title. 

This. This. And...oh, This.

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

What do you think she uses to cut off everyone's balls?

Beat me to it. Well played, sir.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Great topic!

Off the top of my head I cant think of any that were worse (that didnt result in death/paralisys obviously).

Pillman in ‘96 and (to a certain extent) Austin in ‘97. Granted Austin came back and was still mega, but if he hadn’t gotten injured, who knows what would’ve happened. Pillman too.

• Like 3

Jeff being injured kind of works out to their advantage here.  Matt "breaking" goes better if he's not part of a team when it happens, and Jeff can come back all befuddled about what's going on until Brother Nero finally gets pulled over to the darkside.  And we'd better see the return of Vanguard 1 and Senor Benjamin.

This also makes me think we're going to get a Broken Matt vs Bray Wyatt feud which is either going to be awesome depending on how straight they try to play it, or it's going to make the Bray/Randy program look fucking Oscar worthy in comparison.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Aren't the terms goth and punk and all this just sweeping generalizations and labels or something of who someone is. I listen to mostly rap and in the 90s a lot of it was gangsta rap but I wasn't a gangsta. I didn't wear a blue flag and drive a '64 impala. I guess I've never understood labels.  

Nerd.

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Jeff being injured kind of works out to their advantage here.  Matt "breaking" goes better if he's not part of a team when it happens, and Jeff can come back all befuddled about what's going on until Brother Nero finally gets pulled over to the darkside.  And we'd better see the return of Vanguard 1 and Senor Benjamin.

This also makes me think we're going to get a Broken Matt vs Bray Wyatt feud which is either going to be awesome depending on how straight they try to play it, or it's going to make the Bray/Randy program look fucking Oscar worthy in comparison.

Bray and, oh, let's say Elias vs Matt and Jeff in a Vampire Rules match.

I should probably have this in the WWE discussion thread, but the thing to me about Balor vs. Lesnar is this - I don't buy Balor can beat Brock with the immense size difference between the two.  Even in kayfabe, skill can only take you so far, and it becomes less like Bret vs. Diesel and more like Oberyn vs. the Mountain.

Bronn had the quote right and it applies here: "He's freakish big and freakish strong, and quicker than you'd expect for a man of that size. Maybe I could take him, dance around until he's so tired from hacking at me he dropped his sword, get him off his feet somehow...but one misstep and I'm dead."

If Joe, Styles and Braun aren't stopping Brock, neither is Balor.  Why is everyone so keen to see Balor get squashed like a bug?  He's already struggling as it is.

I am not sure why you would give Styles a pass on the size then and not Balor

They are both kayfabe listed at 5'11" with AJ being like 10 lbs heavier

So if you are talking purely about the size difference (in the kayfabe sense) look how well the AJ/Brock match turned out

So it would fall into that dream match category for folks

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am not sure why you would give Styles a pass on the size then and not Balor

They are both kayfabe listed at 5'11" with AJ being like 10 lbs heavier

So if you are talking purely about the size difference (in the kayfabe sense) look how well the AJ/Brock match turned out

So it would fall into that dream match category for folks

Balor has wrestled all over the world. I'd trust him to figure out how to work a gripping match against Brock. Especially at a big four show. And it shoot seems like Heyman likes the guy.