DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Getting The Rights to Broken Matt - 11/27/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Elias is a miracle worker.  He actually got a "We want Roman" chant. 

(Which according to any video put up by WWE was the ONLY chant that happened there. Absolutely no one chanted "No we don't.")

• Like 3

Paige's streak of being tied to awful group names in the WWE continues with "Absolution".  what the hell :unsure:

It will be later discovered that Braun Strowman loves Rutgers and is pissed at Kane's influence in the Vols coaching decision.  ^_^

The clock is ticking on Dana Brooke in the WWE unfortunately 

• Like 1

Elias and Roman was pretty damn good.  Elias looked great in the loss. Then Joe comes out and chokes out Roman.  Intercontinental title looking good.  

I can't say much about this Paige stable.  I'll give it time but maybe Mandy and Sonya don't need to be on the microphone right now.  

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You know who would have been able to explain it to Vince, and also throw in an explanation about emo as well? Jimmy Jacobs

Jimmy Jacob's explanation would be much better than, "One pale, dark haired girl has tattoos and the other doesn't."

I am happy that Titus got some offense in before Joe killed him dead.

Poor Finn Balor.  if you're going to get buried, it may as well be in main events.

Jason Jordan is continuing to garner legit heel heat from me simply by refusing to die on camera for my amusement..

Part of me wishes that Braun would start using Bad Luck Fale's Choke Lariat Slam as a finsher.  The other part of me hopes that he won't because he'd probably kill someone with it.

19 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The clock is ticking on Dana Brooke in the WWE unfortunately 

If I were Dana, I wouldn't answer the phone for about three or four months following that assbeating.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Braun would absolutely love Rutgers. Fat sandwiches are an unhealthy, delicious gift from god. I have no doubt he could down 5 fat sandwiches in 45 minutes and get to create his own fat sandwich. 

I bet Braun's fat sandwich would be a fat sandwich sandwiched between two other sandwiches as bread.

• Like 1

Whoa. Everybody enjoyed this? I was thinking if they didn't want to do a RAW this week they should have just run a montage of their best Stacker 2 commercials instead and I would have FFed less.

This felt like a "worst of" clip show where we were accidentally locked in a broom closet and passed the time by going around and reminiscing about the most boring interviews, beat downs and bland matchups we could think of.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Poor Ruby Riot.  They have already infringed on her goth girl led chick clique gimmick to get Paige back over.

Ruby Riot isn't goth.

EDIT: I see where this was already covered.

This got covered in the smackdown thread last week, but yeah, Paige and Ruby don’t really look alike, and their gimmicks aren’t especially similar. Broadly, metal isn’t punk isn’t goth—disregarding the infinite sub genres of each, where you can find overlap—but that hasn’t stopped people from making the comparison, and it won’t, if they run the angles essentially parralel. (Or if they just declare Paige the mastermind of the Smackdown group as well, essentially implying she chosen Ruby as her stand-in.)

Mostly, I cringe that we’re STILL fighting over who fired the first shot in the women’s revolution. Let the division move past that. 

(And let Finn do something else, please.)

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Elias is a miracle worker.  He actually got a "We want Roman" chant. 

(Which according to any video put up by WWE was the ONLY chant that happened there. Absolutely no one chanted "No we don't.")

Yeah, but the “No we don’t” chant was relatively faint and clearly just  dudes.

5 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

This got covered in the smackdown thread last week, but yeah, Paige and Ruby don’t really look alike, and their gimmicks aren’t especially similar. Broadly, metal isn’t punk isn’t goth—disregarding the infinite sub genres of each, where you can find overlap—but that hasn’t stopped people from making the comparison, and it won’t, if they run the angles essentially parralel. (Or if they just declare Paige the mastermind of the Smackdown group as well, essentially implying she chosen Ruby as her stand-in.)

Mostly, I cringe that we’re STILL fighting over who fired the first shot in the women’s revolution. Let the division move past that. 

(And let Finn do something else, please.)

It's pointless since they will just say Steph started it no matter what.