DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Getting The Rights to Broken Matt - 11/27/2017

Dolfan in NYC

8 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Fat bastard ruined the whole thing....

Aw, Axl is no longer with us, man...

I totally bought into his gimmick.  I actually believed he was from Newcastle. 

In real life, he was from a town about ten minutes from my current crib in Odenton, MD.

Just now, J.T. said:

Aw, Axl is no longer with us, man...

I totally bought into his gimmick.  I actually believed he was from Newcastle. 

In real life, he was from a town about ten minutes from my current crib in Odenton, MD.

I know, I shouldn't speak ill of the dead but Axl and Ian represented everything I hate in wrestling. That IWA Mid-South lasted as long as it did just serves to prove how many meth-heads and crackers are in the area.

Just now, OSJ said:

I know, I shouldn't speak ill of the dead but Axl and Ian represented everything I hate in wrestling. That IWA Mid-South lasted as long as it did just serves to prove how many meth-heads and crackers are in the area.

IWA Mid South was more Ian's monster than it was Axl's.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

IWA Mid South was more Ian's monster than it was Axl's.

Very true, can we agree that wrestling in general would have been better off without either of them? ;-)

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Yes.  IWA-MS serves the important function of how not to run an indy fed.

Pay your workers in meth, coke, and Wild Turkey and have fans bring objects to use as weapons; what could possibly go wrong?

2 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

The idea was clearly for Brock to run through Bryan at SS, Cena a little later on, and then Reigns would be the last man standing for the big WM win. But both Bryan and Roman fucked up the plans.

Man, I hope it's not too late for Broken Matt.

I'd feel better if Jacobs was still on the writing staff.

• Like 2

Seven pages of talk and am I the first one to note that Joe/Titus was surprisingly fun?  It was the rare WWE match (hell rare match anywhere) where the guy going for revenge dropped any pretense of moves and just swung away at the guy until he got caught.  Had a very uncooperative brawl feel to it and Joe with his side visually reddened from the bodyshots looked like more of a badass for taking it and still choking the guy out rather than just walking through him.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Worst injury timing?

In terms of where they went from as a result, rather than overall impact on booking, wasn't Ludvig Borga supposed to get the title in 94 before exploding his ankle?

I always thought that, but Luger went over him clean at Survivor Series '93 and they never seemed to care to return to the feud, so I'm pretty sure they had given up on him and were in the process of pushing him back down the card.

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sid really should have had a partner called Johnny Rotten at some point...or a valet named Nancy.

Sid had a partner in 2007 named Johnny Rotten who claimed to be his brother. I think I worked a show with him in 2001 or so and he was awful.

So two things,

1. I hope they keep The Miztourage with The Drifter (I refuse to call him Elias) until Miz comes back. It's a way to keep them on tv, they are too good and being bumbling stooges not to use them Drifter is as big of a clueless idiot as they are, they make a great grouping. Plus when Miz comes back you have a built in feud where Miz and Drifter can fight over the Miztourage and Dallas and Axel have to choose who they are going to side with. Could make for a cool moment if done right.

2. Matt Hardys "awaking" was cut from Hulu. Which is how I watch RAW. They are bringing the Broken character to the WWE, it's the start of a new angle for Matt Hardy an angle that made him relevant again and led to him and Jeff being resigned to the WWE and they scrap it from the Hulu cut. What the fuck? They keep Asuka vs Dana Brook which was essentially just an Asuka Lock and an immediate tap but couldn't keep that start of a new angle for Matt Hardy. Makes no sense. Never mind I get it now Paige and her pals showed up at the end ok touche WWE.

Edit: And a third thing, Drifter vs Roman Reigns was a lot better then I thought it was going to be. Drifter got a lot of offense in on Roman hitting impressive moves like a running knee, a flying elbow drop and a thunderous sit out powerbomb. Drifter looked like a million bucks going toe to toe with Roman like that. I hope they keep this open challenge thing up cuz all it can do is make the mid card seem all the more credible and add some much needed prestige to the Intercontinental Championship. I was worried that Roman was going to be a lame duck champ that never defended the Championship but if they keep this up I have no problems with Roman as Champ. I also liked Joe coming out and the end of the match and attacking Reigns. Joe should take the belt of Reigns at the Rumble be the best possible thing to do is keep Roman away from the Rumble Match in Philly. Joe can take the belt off him with the Coquina Clutch and Roman can win his opportunity to wrestle Brock in the EC match in Vegas. And Joe can just go on a 15 month tear as a ass kicking world beater until a Johnny Gargano or a Roderick Strong beats him at Wrestlemania 35 in April of 19.