DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NCAAF OFFSEASON THREAD

Pete

Just now, RIPPA said:

(Of course a good chunk of the fans aka alums are all THIS IS ESPN'S FAULT! THEIR STORY WAS BIASED! NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING OTHERWISE!!!!)

So, fans of every single school when it's revealed their Football program is filthy as hell and needs to be stone aged.

On 8/12/2018 at 12:36 AM, hammerva said:

I mean coaches treating players like shit under the disguise of "tough love" isn't really new.  Hell just look at guys like Mike Leach and Bobby Knight.   But what killed both of them was how their tough love became physical being Knight choking a player and Leach putting a player with a concussion in a dark sweatbox

The Big 10 needs to get their shit together based on the last couple years.

lol @ "became"

What's even worse is that they didn't outright fire Durkin's right hand man Rick Court despite everything that's come out.  Instead, he resigned and worked out a financial settlement with Maryland.  So, yeah, he basically got paid for helping to kill the kid.

The Fox ad namechecking Maryland has me feeling as warm and fuzzy as if a wrestling show namechecked Benoit. The difference is that after he killed someone Benoit played hangman with his lat machine, the Maryland guy got handed a big check.

Christ. So, when they said they were going to play a game at Yankee Stadium my family and me joked that the garish Shamrock Series unis would have pinstripes on them.

We didn't mean for that to be taken literally.