DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NCAAF OFFSEASON THREAD

Pete

Herm Edwards did a lot of hooting and hollering today... and apparently doesn't know the nickname of the team is coaching

(You will have to turn up the volume because the audio kinda sucks)

Charlie Strong will end up at FSU or Arkansas. He should stay at South Florida and not try playing against the adults. His time at Texas should show he isn't great but somebody will take a chance and deal with mediocrity for the next few years.

Willie Taggart is apparently heading to Florida State, which will be his third different head coaching job in three years (South Florida, Oregon, FSU).

The state of Florida has seven D-I football programs. Mark Richt now has the longest tenure of any of their coaches. He was hired two years ago.

12 minutes ago, EVA said:

Herm Edwards is, for some reason, still on ESPN running his mouth about the NFL after being named ASU head coach.

Yeah, this guy doesn't get what it takes to be successful in the college game.

All of you guys need to watch your mouths.  The only reason to have Herm Edwards in our lives is for him to be saying absurd shit.  I don't care if he only shows up for ASU press conferences, he's wildly entertaining any time he opens his mouth.  His whole, "We don't huddle anymore, and that's what is wrong with society," soundbite was hilarious.  He legit thinks that there has been a society built around huddling.  He can be at ASU, ESPN, ACLU, LMNOP, or anywhere else, and I'll be over here giggling.

21 minutes ago, EVA said:

I bet half of ASU's practices will be taken up by Herm cutting promos about how YOU'RE BORN MALE BUT YOU GOTTA CHOOSE TO BE A MAN and whatnot.

I want them to film his recruiting visits.  Is Herm married?  If not, I feel like there are going to be a lot of mommas pitching him too.  

• Haha 1

You won't believe this: Another Title IX coordinator is leaving Baylor. She is the third person to quit the job in about 15 months.

No statement yet from her on why she's leaving, but her immediate predecessor left because she claimed the school continued to place roadblocks in the path of rape investigations. And, of course, the one before her left because she called the job impossible to do at the school because of several reasons, including being specifically asked to give football players immunity.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Penciling in Army's home game against Liberty next September 8. Can't wait to see those hypocritical jokers get wrecked. @Dolfan in NYC, @sabremike... looking at both of you.

If you can set up transportation I'm down for that.