DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NCAAF OFFSEASON THREAD

Pete

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bielema has been FE'd at Arkansas. 

Reportedly fired as he was leaving the field, before he even made it back to the locker room.

I didn't think anyone could trump Kiffin being left at the airport, but there you have it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Bielema has been FE'd at Arkansas. 

So, leaving Wisconsin for a tougher job in the SEC was basically career suicide. Meanwhile, the Badgers just keep on winning 10ish games every year.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

He's a west coast guy anyway right? Plus it would be much easier to win in the Pac 12 than in the SEC. . . 

Well, he's a northeast guy, actually.  But I imagine going back to the Pac 12 would be more in his comfort zone than having to start from scratch building a program in the southeast.  Knows the lay of the land and whatnot.

He was also never a fan of the recruiting game in Oregon, and if you're not willing to recruit from dusk till dawn, you're not going to win in the SEC.

Problem for Florida is, if they're not going to bite the bullet on Mullen, they're going to get stuck hiring Kevin Sumlin 2.0 in guys like Scott Frost or Mike Norvell, and they'll be back doing this same thing in 4 years.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

ASU is gonna can Todd Graham

I have no dog in the fight, but what the fuck does ASU want? 46-31 and 2-2 in bowl games. Its not like they are on the elite coaches short list of destinations there. . . 

35 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I have no dog in the fight, but what the fuck does ASU want? 46-31 and 2-2 in bowl games. Its not like they are on the elite coaches short list of destinations there. . . 

I love it. Graham is a serial shithead who left two schools (Rice and Pitt) after one year... the former just days after signing an extention, the latter via texting the director of football to share with his players. I hope karma keeps kicking his ass down the road for years to come. 

The Schiano hiring (or at least rumored hiring) is going about as well as you would imagine

And yes I appreciate the irony of Haynesworth bitching about folks not taking football seriously

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

I love it. Graham is a serial shithead who left two schools (Rice and Pitt) after one year... the former just days after signing an extention, the latter via texting the director of football to share with his players. I hope karma keeps kicking his ass down the road for years to come. 

I totally forgot about that. I still don't understand the move, but it is fair to hate him.

31 minutes ago, Dewar said:

They are protesting on campus, claiming that Schiano knew about what Sandusky did at Ped State. Never heard that connection before.

According to McQueary Schiano knew and did nothing.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

They are protesting on campus, claiming that Schiano knew about what Sandusky did at Ped State. Never heard that connection before.

He’s scum just like Tom Bradley.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.15930ba93c9b

Well, it took Florida three tries, but it looks like they're finally gonna get it right and hire the guy they should've hired 7 years ago.

That Schiano hire is catastrophic for Tennessee.  Might as well shutter the program.

16 minutes ago, EVA said:

Well, it took Florida three tries, but it looks like they're finally gonna get it right and hire the guy they should've hired 7 years ago.

That Schiano hire is catastrophic for Tennessee.  Might as well shutter the program.

If you are talking from a moral standpoint I totally agree but the idea that he's a horrible coach baffles me. The guy made Rutgers a credible program while he was there so he's not a bad coach. Do people judge Sabin for his NFL flop? If people hate this hire because of his Ped State past I 1000% agree. If it's because they don't think he can coach I totally disagree.

Well hiring Schiano isn't the best idea at all, there are two major problems with their argument:

1.  I don't get why they are trying to connect this with the Penn State situation.   I mean the list of people who covered up for Paterno is long as hell.  Is this some way a jab at Alabama?

2.  Apparently the name Bruce Pearl just disappeared from Volunteer history because if it wasn't for guys like Pitino he would one of the scummier head coaches in years