DVDVR Message Board

2017 NCAAF: CONF. CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Dolfan in NYC

Does the committee care about traveling fanbase size and tv ratings etc etc? Cause that's the biggest argument for Ohio. Biggest fanbase in the nation (at least according to Nate Silver's admitted rough estimate) 

Otherwise, the Bama/Ohio debate is.... Hmm interesting really. Fuck Ohio.

Alabama shouldn't go because they didn't have to play this weekend.  That's how I've always felt, I think Nebraska or some shit did that the same way,  sneak in because they had the week off.  Also,  I believe Wisconsin is a better win than anything Tide did if Buckeyes hold on here.   If Badgers win then there's no argument. 

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Teams who don't participate in championship week should never be rewarded.  

This has always been a silly, arbitrary position.

Anyway, Ohio State won this game, but won it in the worst way possible, exposing pretty much all the flaws that have haunted them (including their 30-point loss to a 5-loss team) all season.  Even in victory, they clearly demonstrated why they aren't one of the 4 best teams.

I don't think the committee has any appetite for another round of Clemson beating OSU's brains in.

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

This has always been a silly

How is it silly?  It's one less game,   a game in which they'd be facing a real opponent,  not Mercer.   Who did they beat?  LSU who is weak this year and Miss St. an "ok" team.  Those are just the facts,  they didn't have a single impressive win all year. 

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

How is it silly?  It's one less game,   a game in which they'd be facing a real opponent,  not Mercer.   Who did they beat?  LSU who is weak this year and Miss St. an "ok" team.  Those are just the facts,  they didn't have a single impressive win all year. 

Look, it's cool that you have your own opinion on who's good or not, but the *actual* facts are that the CFP committee said that LSU and MSU were the 17th and 23rd best teams in the country heading into this weekend.  So, they're better than "weak" and "ok" according to the people who matter in this whole deal.

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Look, it's cool that you have your own opinion on who's good or not, but the *actual* facts are that the CFP committee said that LSU and MSU were the 17th and 23rd best teams in the country heading into this weekend.  So, they're better than "weak" and "ok" according to the people who matter in this whole deal.

And Wisconsin is 4th.  

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

And Penn St. is 9th.   how many top ten wins does Bama have again? 

How many 30-point losses to 5-loss teams does Bama have?

The bottom line is, the playoff is about crowning the best team in college football.  And the best team in college football has never been a team that lost by a 30 to a 5-loss team, and never will.  So why would we waste anyone's time including Ohio State in this?  It's immediately disqualifying.

Nobody wants to see the Buckeyes get booty blasted on the bayou by Clemson.  Again.

7 minutes ago, EVA said:

The bottom line is, the playoff is about crowning the best team in college football. 

Why not win your conference?  I guess you want everyone to look at this through the "eye test".  I have always felt that if you don't play the extra game during champ week then why is the team being rewarded by not having to play it?  This isn't about Alabama for me because I said the same thing about OSU.   

We'll see what the committee does. I think they will go Bama over OSU.