giphy.gif

VERSUS

giphy.gif

FOR THE BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP:

Oklahoma+5.gif

VERSUS

giphy.gif

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to 2017 NCAAF: CONF. CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Ryan, if it makes you feel any better, if Alabama had won last weekend, I would DEFINITELY be pulling for Wisconsin to win so we could have an easier 1st round playoff matchup.

......that's better, right?

*presses on earpiece* I'm being told now that is not better.

Cheer for whatever you want, it's just sports. (I WILL SEE YOU IN MY PERSONAL PIT OF DESPAIR I AM DIGGING IN MY SOUL AND IN REALITY FOR A BATTLE TO THE DEATH IN A GAME OF.....uh *checks card* Trivial Pursuit!)

• Like 1

That last TD probably eliminated Alabama from the chances of making the playoffs. If the game was close then maybe the Alabama vs Georgia argument is interesting.  

But I figure the entire state of Georgia are big Ohio State and Clemson fans right now.  If only 1 of those 2 happen then they could be sweating  

24 minutes ago, hammerva said:

That last TD probably eliminated Alabama from the chances of making the playoffs. If the game was close then maybe the Alabama vs Georgia argument is interesting.  

But I figure the entire state of Georgia are big Ohio State and Clemson fans right now.  If only 1 of those 2 happen then they could be sweating  

Not sure I’m really following your logic there.

Outcome of this game doesn’t really affect Bama’s chances significantly, either way.  Georgia winning might even be a *slight* boon to Bama because that means the committee doesn’t have to fret over a potential Bama/Auburn rematch in the playoffs or, worse, the title game.  Bama and UGA still presents the two teams from one conference problem, but at least its a fresh matchup.

Georgia thumping Auburn so badly after Auburn clobbered them at home also demonstrates the power of Auburn’s home field advantage, which sweetens Bama’s loss a little.