DVDVR Message Board

TUF 26: Team Alvarez vs. Team Gaethje Finale (12/1/2017) - Las Vegas, NV (Park Theater)

Elsalvajeloco

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If I didn't know better, I'd say that someone looked at the previous decision heavy card and made some matches to get some solid finishes.

I think I have to side with Oyaji about the quality of the fighters. All the clear favorites in the TUF fights are winning and by the method they were suppose to win by. This seems more like an Invicta card with some male fights thrown in intermittently. All we need is Tonya Evinger sexually harassing people and we're there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Did Ariel Beck get punched in the throat? She got wobbled and then just laid down on her knees. That was kinda different.

Also, did Nevada let Rachael Ostovich fight with fake eyelashes on or did no one check? I mean to her credit, they stayed on.

You may be right. The final of three punches kind of grazed Beck's chin and looked to follow through to her throat. I thought it was just Beck wilting and quitting due to the strikes.

This card has been... Something so far. Sanchez's gas tank, man... He emptied that shit out and then went for more with his attempted finishes. Ryan Janes is like a beanpole, he's so god damn straight in the air and yet he beat a somewhat, kind of interesting prospect.

Compare this card to the TUF Finale in December '15. Edgar/Mendes, Barboza/Ferguson, Dunham/Lauzon, Kawajiri... 

Edit: at least we get to see Brett Johns.

Edited by Oyaji

This is an episode of WWF Superstars or World Championship Wrestling. Total squash matches ffs. That takedown and submission combination was so fucking slick. Can't wait to see Johns against some top guys. 

EDIT: "VITAMIN D!" Hahahahaha. Addendum to the above: This is a squash show where one of the job guys went into business for himself. If that's not Ryan Janes last win in the UFC, I'll be damned.

Based on her resume from the show and the fact that we don't have anyone who has officially moved down yet, Nicco would be the #1 flyweight in the world. The winner of Maia vs. Niedzwiedz next Friday would either be #2 or #3.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 5:30 PM, J.T. said:

She employs just enough striking to set up her takedowns so that she can get in her Ground & Pound since her mat game is her bread and butter. 

I didn’t watch the card last night, but have seen some highlights of the fight and I’ve seen some of her recent fights from Invicta (and of course a ton of her older fights, plus her first run on TUF) since she relocated and started training regularly in Vegas and she always runs forward with her chain straight up and throwing wild punches.

Honestly that’s embarrassing. Not trying to be that guy or anything, but it's horrendous. It’s laughable when I read tweets in my TL about how improved and how great her stand up is now and then I saw her do that.