DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho - 11/21/2017

Dolfan in NYC

The Ruby/Liv/Logan invasion would have been just fine if it was the backstage attacks, them coming out and beating up Flair was way too much of the "Eh, it worked last night, let's just have them beat up some people and the champ again".  Also, we would have avoided the image of the vicious new female upstart being too tiny to jump over the barricade without getting stuck!

Even though the BB's gear was basically what happened on old wrestling video games when you tried to give guys new gear so you just changed the shading on one of Kane's old singlets, I still dug their match.  I even ended up with their generic entrance music stuck in my head for a while. 

Main event was probably the absolutely least interesting way they could have resolved the Sami/Kevin deal.  Like, if Sami and Owens had come out and apologized to Shane, called him the master striker, then it still would have been 100 times more interesting than guys randomly fight and it leads to the dreaded roll-up win, then an announcement of a Randy Orton match.

• Like 1

Logically it makes sense for the NXT 3 to want to attack Charlotte but they’re smart enough to realize that if they attack her first then they will have to contend with Becky and Naomi. 

So they hanged up on Naomi first. Becky, being the brave dumb Babyface she is went after the three by herself and now with Charlotte’s two friends out, the face of the WWE women’s division was exposed with no one to help her.

The thing that made no sense to me was, where was Carmella? The Champ was systematically destroyed and the MITB holder was nowhere in sight even after the three left? The logical answer was she was still in a medical facility after she repeatedly slapped Asuka 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Definitely, the Iconic Duo are the foundation of the NXT women's division right now and are pretty much doing the same job as Bayley when she got left behind when the Horsewomen got called up.  Once a few more heels are built up, they'll get called up.

That's the whole question though.

It's clear that the Iconic Duo will be the lynchpin heels of the NXT Women and are doing the same job- likely alongside Ember and Nikki Cross as a new ":Four Horsewomen" for NXT to build around.

The only problem, though, is it's Full Sail.

We already saw it over the few weeks before Takeover when it was already a weird match- three faces in the match and one heel in Peyton Royce...but all the signs before that seemed to make it clear that Peyton had the fans' sympathy and people wanted her to win the big one to reward the Iconic Duo for being the most unsung heroes of NXT last year.

Now, with the callups of the last two days, it's arguable that in 96 hours, even though the Iconic Duo are the biggest heels on NXT,  they may have just become the two most sympathetic figures on NXT at this moment by the title loss (with it being close to "she had her if not for a botch by Sane" there) and being passed over for two roles that'd fit them like a glove.

Full Sail is so savvy and smart to these things, I'd gather there's a non-zero chance Full Sail turns them face on the 11/29 tapings. 

32 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

tumblr_ozsu2kiWYP1r7j5ugo2_1280.jpgtumblr_ozsu2kiWYP1r7j5ugo3_1280.jpg

The B-Show now has their very own B-Paige. Jesus Christ guys, did you have to have them stand in the same brunette/goth/blonde formation too? 

Ruby comes off like more of a punk chick. I could picture Paige cutting herself while listening to Joy Division, while Ruby will get drunk; listen to Black Flag, The Misfits, The Circle Jerks, Bad Brains; and maybe get into a fight.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

tumblr_ozsu2kiWYP1r7j5ugo2_1280.jpgtumblr_ozsu2kiWYP1r7j5ugo3_1280.jpg

The B-Show now has their very own B-Paige. Jesus Christ guys, did you have to have them stand in the same brunette/goth/blonde formation too? 

Ruby is so much better than Paige it's scary. She's also not, I guess, a nightmare behind the scenes. O it's likely this is them covering their bases. 

If Paige screws up, they can just say Ruby set the whole thing up and it's a dual brand invasion. 

• Like 2

Just watched the AJ promo segment.   I'm so happy he's finally receiving the credit he's deserved for a long time.  Heyman was absolutely right,  AJ is one of the GOATs.  

As for Liv Morgan being called up,  no she isn't good right now but she's been in development for a while. It's time for her to sink or swim. 

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

The Smackdown girls have very different gimmicks than the RAW girls, but, hey - same hair color so they’re automatically the same! Internet logic.

I did like the SD crew getting tables chucked on them/doors slammed into them. Felt more vicious.

• Like 1

You almost gotta look at NXT and the call up system like an expansion draft in the NFL.  Hunter probably has a few people each time that he can "protect" for the brand's sake and the rest are free to go. Vince makes the final decisions but I'd bet Hunter is in the room saying "we really need to keep the Iconic Duo for a while longer.." 

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You almost gotta look at NXT and the call up system like an expansion draft in the NFL.  Hunter probably has a few people each time that he can "protect" for the brand's sake and the rest are free to go. Vince makes the final decisions but I'd bet Hunter is in the room saying "we really need to keep the Iconic Duo for a while longer.." 

Likely.

Mae Young Classic helps because bunch of talent on that they can bring up while they have Moon vs Royce for a few months.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

The Smackdown girls have very different gimmicks than the RAW girls, but, hey - same hair color so they’re automatically the same! Internet logic.

I'm sure that's also Vince's logic once he loses interest in them.

"Who the hell told Paige she could get those tattoos!?"

"That's Ruby Riot, Vince."

"Goddamnit! First Del Rio and now this! Tell Paige she's skating on thin ice, pal!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I'm sure that's also Vince's logic once he loses interest in them.

"Who the hell told Paige she could get those tattoos!?"

"That's Ruby Riot, Vince."

"Goddamnit! First Del Rio and now this! Tell Paige she's skating on thin ice, pal!"

Gotta love conjecture presented as fact.