DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho - 11/21/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Boy, they just 2 hours building to a heel turn that just didn't happen.  Guess they'll slow burn that.

Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan, and Sarah Morgan got the NXT call ups too, so some of the SD heel women better throw their phones away now.   Tamina/Lana, I'm looking in your direction...

Interesting choices with Morgan, Riot, and Logan. I felt like Ruby was on her way to challenging again for the NXT title while they had barely scratched the surface with Sarah. Either way, glad to see them move up because I’m a fan. I like that Naomi immediately stood up and knew what was what when they approached. My girl is no fool lol 

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Riot and Morgan fighting side-by-side is bizarre. 

Sarah and Ruby are a good pairing, but Liv is definitely an odd fit. Maybe there's hope for Liv that she'll improve on the main roster like Alexa and Carmella did.

I worry a bit that Riot, so long dismissed by some as merely the replacement Paige, is made to parralel her invasion so clearly. It’s a comparison they might do well to avoid. But she got to stand in the middle and hit her finisher last, so she ought to be ok. (Doesn’t hurt that she’s so much better than the other two women, either.)

Bludgeon Brothers gear is terrible, but I’m happy to have Harper back on tv.

• Like 2

So... The story is that Owens and Zayn cost Smackdown the Survivor Series match... because they attacked Shane McMahon after everyone else was eliminated. The Smackdown commentators believe Shane was going to defeat Braun Strowman. And Triple H. And Kurt Angle. All on his own. Shane McMahon. Really?

Okay, so I think... Orton might have still been there. But...

Best wishes to the Bludgeons and to all the gals new to the main roster. Should add a lot of interesting new matchups.

• Like 5

Crazy theory - The Paige/Riot attacks were actually part of the same 'invasion' and none of those women has signed to a specific brand yet. Paige has rallied them into a 'Women's Nexus' style group. Once the dust settles on who can trust who, and who goes where, we then start the build to the first ever women's Royal Rumble.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CastleVania Rey said:

So... The story is that Owens and Zayn cost Smackdown the Survivor Series match... because they attacked Shane McMahon after everyone else was eliminated. The Smackdown commentators believe Shane was going to defeat Braun Strowman. And Triple H. And Kurt Angle. All on his own. Shane McMahon. Really?

C'mon, just look at those strikes! On second thought...

• Haha 2

Shane lead an unprovoked assault on the Raw locker room (which ZOwens weren't a part of), put John Cena (who hasn't been on SD in months) in the match instead of one of the regulars, and we're supposed to somehow feel bad about him getting his comeuppance?  Bryan siding with Sami and Kevin makes him a face as far as I'm concerned.

I'm all for the Bludgeon Bros running roughshod over the tag division for a while until AOP get called up.

The NXT 3 are a breath of fresh air in the women's division though they're a pretty odd pairing. Ruby and Logan definitely come off as loners and it's weird having two Carmellas on one show.

3 minutes ago, CastleVania Rey said:

Best wishes to the Bludgeons and to the gals new to the main roster. Should add a lot of interesting new matchups.

Technically, they attacked while Orton was still there. He got eliminated while Shane was popping KO and Sami with the chair up the ramp. :P

Ruby telling Naomi to stay seated and Naomi basically going "Nah, fuck that shit" made me laugh. Would've thought that if anyone was getting the call up, it'd have been Kay and Royce, but this works too.

• Like 1

Riot, Morgan, and Liv debuting in mostly the same manner Paige and co. did on Raw was just lazy. They are also an odd group to bring up with all of them still having plenty of room to grow on NXT. That really should have been the Iconic Duo. At least Liv is a heel though she would have made more sense coming in to team with Carmella.

Not sure where they are goign with Owens and Sami, but I continue to dug the hell out of heel Sami. He is wonderfully annoying.

I'm kind of iffy on the Bludgeon Brothers gimmick, but I'm happy to see Rowan and Harper as a team again. I just want to see them destroy the tag division.

Yeah, they certainly want us to think Bryan is turning heel.  So much so that I was underwhelmed when nothing really happened in the main.  The entire roster forgetting about Zayn and Owens and brawling with each other 'cause two guys banged into each other was.... definitely something that happened.

Shane deciding to go back to the hotel and watch on TV 20 minutes into the show was lol-worthy.

Definitely, the Iconic Duo are the foundation of the NXT women's division right now and are pretty much doing the same job as Bayley when she got left behind when the Horsewomen got called up.  Once a few more heels are built up, they'll get called up.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Crazy theory - The Paige/Riot attacks were actually part of the same 'invasion' and none of those women has signed to a specific brand yet. Paige has rallied them into a 'Women's Nexus' style group. Once the dust settles on who can trust who, and who goes where, we then start the build to the first ever women's Royal Rumble.

Theory disproved on the first night - it was confirmed that Bryan brought Riot, Logan, and Morgan in during the backstage segment with Shane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

C'mon, just look at those strikes! On second thought...

I use to have this game with my baby nephew when he was nine months old. I would yell "BABY PUNCHES!!!!" and help him punch the air. Those looked better than whatever it is Shane does. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

I worry a bit that Riot, so long dismissed by some as merely the replacement Paige, is made to parralel her invasion so clearly. It’s a comparison they might do well to avoid. 

Or maybe Ruby herself will draw the parralel right after the show, and I’ll have to wonder if it’s meant to be a mirror. (Or maybe it’s just a one-off tweet. Who knows.)

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

All on his own. Shane McMahon. Really?

Two words: Van. Terminator. And maybe "trash" and "can"

Please tell me the Bludgeoners aren't bringing those Spirit of Halloween sledges to the ring with them. 

Also, if this extra show with competing brands idea is going to run, clearly they've brought up the gals to feud in the immediate future.