DVDVR Message Board

Turn The Paige - Raw - 11/20/2017

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Really? I want Nia on SDL to team with Tamina.

They would at some point. It's just a matter of whether you start them as the Females of Fear and inevitably break them up or start out feuding, then end up teaming after winning each other's respect.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Am I the only one that fleetingly wondered “What if it’s AJ?” when Paige mentioned not coming alone? Yeah, I mean I know it’s irrational, but... ok, nevermind. 

Anyway, while we’re promoting people, I hope Smackdown gets the Iconic Duo soon. They’re ready. 

Nope, I definitely wondered that too for a good minute before Sonya and Mandy showed up. I'm more happy with what we got than if it would have been AJ, though. New and exciting faces are always better, in my opinion. I would have marked the fuck out for sure, though.

I personally hope Ruby Riot debuts soon, but I suspect we'll get a male NXT call up or two on Smackdown.

I really hope they call Paige's group the Submission Sorority again!  Surprised to see Rose bypass NXT almost entirely (Then again, she's on Total Divas, so not THAT surprised) and DeVille leapfrog so many other women down there.

If they're not careful with this Kane-Strowman feud, they'll kill Braun's momentum.  Maybe that's the plan...

The show desperately needed some new angles/feuds, instead it's basically a continuation of all the feuds that were going before they were paused for Survivor Series: Shield-Bar; Balor-Joe; Strowman-Kane; even Roman-Miz was nothing really new.

Great to finally see Paige return and having both Sonya and Mandy join her is an added bonus. She was a judge during their season of Tough Enough so continuity...yay. I almost thought it would be AJ too but these two should do well on the main roster. Nice to see the Raw women get a little bit of a shake up. Hope they don’t forget the “B show” women in all of this lol 

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Does Mickie understand that biscuit butt isn't an insult?

"You're an old woman!"

"Oh yeah...well you have a cute little butt!"

I was not aware biscuits were known for being cute. 

Glad Honky Tonk Man's record was not broken by Miz. 

I think I had this Jason Jordan angle figured out earlier while watching the show. It's obvious he's conning Kurt, but I was trying to figure out for who. It's going to be revealed that Jason is not really Kurt's kid, but someone else's. But I fell asleep and forgot who that was. Also I'm probably giving the WWE way too much credit that they have planned something that detailed and far ahead especially when Vince can be all "I DON'T GIVE A GOOD DAMN" one minute and "AH YES" another.

Reigns didn't have to win the IC Title. But, since someone needs to be the "top guy" for RAW till he wins the Universal title at WM and makes it official, The Miz's run was nice while it lasted.

6 hours ago, username said:

For a brief terrible moment I was worried that ADR's music was about to hit.

You're not the only one. Although when I realised it would have to be women (Given the match going on) I have to admit Sonya and Mandy were not the first two names that came to mind.

Or the next two.

Or any names at all.

I'm just sitting here waiting for Aaliyah and Liv Morgan.

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

GOD DAMN IT.   

Take your puppy gif and go.

8dx98kd.gif

Well, if "more H and Steph" yields more awesome puppy memes, I would not be opposed to this bold new DVDVR trope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathyBoy said:

Man, all I want now is Sanity to show up on SD as Daniel Bryan's heel group on Shane and the week is complete.

I hope not, just because I'd like them to drop the belts first.

But if AoP want to tear down the Uso Penitentiary tonight...

6 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I am disappointed. PMS is right there!

Aw, that is gimmick infringement.  There is already a rap group and a former ladies tag team that went by Pretty Mean Sistas.

Just now, J.T. said:

Aw, that is gimmick infringement.  There is already a rap group and a former ladies tag team that went by Pretty Mean Sistas.

Don't make me post the "That's the Joke" meme

BTW - for those wondering

Both Meltzer and the Pro Wrestling Sheet said that the WWE had always planned on bringing Mandy Rose straight to the main roster and that is why she did so little TV stuff on NXT

You also figure they are gonna have to be doing something soon to weed out the RAW women's side

The RAW women's roster has 11 folks now

Smackdown's has 8 and that is counting Lana and Nikki Bella (who is still listed on wwe.com)

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Smackdown's has 8 and that is counting Lana and Nikki Bella (who is still listed on wwe.com)

Well, they should still have plenty of resumes on file from the Mae Young Invitational to fill out the Smackdown roster.

They should reinforce the ring if they book Piper Niven vs. Tamina.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I hope not, just because I'd like them to drop the belts first.

But if AoP want to tear down the Uso Penitentiary tonight...

Doing a swerve and having Paul Ellering set AOP on the Fashion Polive would be glorious.