DVDVR Message Board

Turn The Paige - Raw - 11/20/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Roman's biggest misstep was not distancing himself enough from the Shield gear.  It made the audience subconsciously register that the company wasn't confident enough of him/the character to make a fresh start, like they did with Rollins and Ambrose.  Always a wash of doubt, despite their repeated attempts to push him to the moon.

6 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Roman's biggest misstep was not distancing himself enough from the Shield gear.  It made the audience subconsciously register that the company wasn't confident enough of him/the character to make a fresh start, like they did with Rollins and Ambrose.  Always a wash of doubt, despite their repeated attempts to push him to the moon.

I don't entirely disagree, but I also partially think that's giving the audience too much credit. Roman's biggest crime was simply not being Daniel Bryan

Re: the real names on Social media thing

Lana put CJ Perry in her Twitter handle a long time ago. (I think when she first hit Total Divas is when she made the change)

Xavier Woods goes by Austin Creed on his Youtube channel and his Twitter and Instagram

Tamina bounces back and forth between using her real name or not

Braun Strowman flat out says his Instagram is Adam Scherr and that Braun is character on TV

And there are more examples

So I think you are reading far too much into what name people use on social media as a level of their happiness with the company

• Like 1

Surprised they didn't have Paige with Billie & Peyton but I love using the more unexpected Mandy & Sonya. Thought both looked great there and should make things more interesting on the Raw side. Reigns/Miz was pretty good. Miz's reign comes to an end almost exactly the same length as Jinder's, enjoyed it and he will be missed on Raw if he's out for a good while. Liked the opening stuff with Angle/HHH/Jordan

20 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I was half expecting HHH to confront Jordan backstage and offer his help on a common enemy, and play on Kurt not cancelling the match. 

HHH/Angle recreating Raven/Sandman with Jordan as Tyler would be tremendous.

Or it'd be like recreating Flair/Russo with Jordan as David Flair.

18 minutes ago, Victator said:

There was this Mister ED episode where ED thought he was a dad and then found out it was a Shetland Pony twenty years older than him. 

Jordan/Angle will be some variation of that. Then Kurt remembers he has seven other kids he has not seen in months. 

That's where Vince got the idea for the angle. Also like Mr. Ed, Vince sticks a carrot up Kurt's ass to make his lips move.

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What kind of masochists were complaining about Liv Morgan not being called up?

Pretty sure it's just this one guy:

15 hours ago, Adam said:

You're not the only one. Although when I realised it would have to be women (Given the match going on) I have to admit Sonya and Mandy were not the first two names that came to mind.

Or the next two.

Or any names at all.

I'm just sitting here waiting for Aaliyah and Liv Morgan.

I have to assume @Adam isn't thinking with the portion of his brain that enjoys wrestling.

12 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

have to assume @Adam isn't thinking with the portion of his brain that enjoys wrestling.

Well, I wasn't thinking with my brain in relation to my admission about wanting Liv on my TV.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

And low and behold, here I am watching SmackDown and who shows up.

• Like 1