DVDVR Message Board

Turn The Paige - Raw - 11/20/2017

Dolfan in NYC

10 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Am I the only one that fleetingly wondered “What if it’s AJ?” when Paige mentioned not coming alone? Yeah, I mean I know it’s irrational, but... ok, nevermind. 

Anyway, while we’re promoting people, I hope Smackdown gets the Iconic Duo soon. They’re ready. 

I thought, surely it's not Emma.

1 hour ago, DeathyBoy said:

Doing a swerve and having Paul Ellering set AOP on the Fashion Polive would be glorious. 

7 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Authors of Pain v Bludgeon Bros is the match I didn't know I wanted until right now.

Authors of Pain revealed to be Fashion Police's attackers, while Bludgeon Bros come to their aid to segue into that feud.

• Like 1

I want The Bar to come to SDL because I want violent stiff matches between the Usos, Bar, AOP and Bludgeon Bros every week. Plus then they can send Enzo out "early" at the end of SDL to begin 205 Live and Sheamus can kick Enzo's head off his head again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beech27 said:

You figure Dana's either moving laterally or back down. Getting squashed on the same night they debut another blonde with a bodybuilder gimmick is a bit inauspicious.

She can take pride in the fact she put Asuka over better than Emma did...although literally everyone that Asuka has wrestled on the main roster has been able to do that.

43 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

She can take pride in the fact she put Asuka over better than Emma did...although literally everyone that Asuka has wrestled on the main roster has been able to do that.

Yeah. And that's not nothing. As the division grows, you need tiers--otherwise you're 205-live, where everyone is just one week away from being the #1 contender, losing to anyone else, or off the show altogether. (Of course the women's division has struggled with this in the past, too.)

I can't help but wonder if Emma suspected she was about to get ousted, and intentionally tried to showcase herself a bit with those last high-profile matches. The demands she (supposedly) made of Stardom would indicated she sees herself as a big enough star to work nearly 50/50 with Asuka.

Her asking price was said to be par the course by Meltzer, especially considering losing a day of booking by traveling overseas and the flight costs. Asking for some of the money upfront isn't uncommon, either. And the creative control thing is normal for ex-WWE wrestlers doing the indy scene, and most companies agree to it, unless they're storyline driven ones like, say, CHIKARA.

There was nothing unreasonable about what Emma asked for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Yeah. And that's not nothing. As the division grows, you need tiers--otherwise you're 205-live, where everyone is just one week away from being the #1 contender, losing to anyone else, or off the show altogether. (Of course the women's division has struggled with this in the past, too.)

I can't help but wonder if Emma suspected she was about to get ousted, and intentionally tried to showcase herself a bit with those last high-profile matches. The demands she (supposedly) made of Stardom would indicated she sees herself as a big enough star to work nearly 50/50 with Asuka.

She's willing to come down to $1500 for local and domestic...but still wants that creative control. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Which is perfectly normal for an ex-WWE worker to ask for when they're working the independent scene.

I understand that, I just think it's funny that ex-WWE workers, even ones as low on the totem pole as Emma think they're all Hollywood Hogan once they hit the indies.

Although Stardom was right to balk at that. They could probably hire five European workers for the price Emma was asking and none of them would try to dictate finishes.

1 minute ago, JCM said:

Do people seriously think Emma went into business for herself in a match with Asuka? lol

That wasn't what I meant to imply. Just that, in laying the match out, she may have wanted to appear competitive. But then I've no idea how much control she'd have over such things. Idk. I'm probably out over my skis on this. It just struck me as odd that they'd make her look so strong if they were gonna fire her so soon regardless.

I also hadn't read the Meltzer stuff @Caseymentioned, so fair play I suppose. I actually would be interested in seeing her get a tour in Japan, if it can be made to work.

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Authors of Pain revealed to be Fashion Police's attackers, while Bludgeon Bros come to their aid to segue into that feud.

They could be rewarded for their assistance with a makeover. See, this shit just writes itself. ;-)

Re: Miz

It also could be to give him time at home when his kid is born

Maryse posted on Instagram a few days ago her baby bump and said it was 20 weeks

So their kid is literally due right at Mania

40 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I understand that, I just think it's funny that ex-WWE workers, even ones as low on the totem pole as Emma think they're all Hollywood Hogan once they hit the indies.

Although Stardom was right to balk at that. They could probably hire five European workers for the price Emma was asking and none of them would try to dictate finishes.

I would assume it's less about dictating finishes and more about protecting yourself and your brand.    The last thing I would want is to be put in the ring with a green/reckless worker or be booked in a squash.

2 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I would assume it's less about dictating finishes and more about protecting yourself and your brand.    The last thing I would want is to be put in the ring with a green/reckless worker or be booked in a squash.

Although I highly doubt an indy promotion would pay $2000 + travel + expenses to a wrestler just to squash them.

...Unless it's run by Dixie Carter.

13 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Am I the only one that fleetingly wondered “What if it’s AJ?” when Paige mentioned not coming alone? Yeah, I mean I know it’s irrational, but... ok, nevermind. 

Anyway, while we’re promoting people, I hope Smackdown gets the Iconic Duo soon. They’re ready. 

Let's be honest, everyone on Saturday could turn up and be ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

This will never change as long as there are money marks out there willing to pay them.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You also figure they are gonna have to be doing something soon to weed out the RAW women's side

The RAW women's roster has 11 folks now

Smackdown's has 8 and that is counting Lana and Nikki Bella (who is still listed on wwe.com)

Well I figured the idea was that Paige/Mandy/Sonya could sideline Sasha/Mickey/Bayley into a couple month feud to keep them away from the women's title while they run Alexa with Jax, or something like that.  But then they beat up Bliss, too, so who knows?

Though they could easily keep all the women on Raw if they instituted a Women's Tag or 6-Woman title belts!

2 hours ago, Beech27 said:

She knew she would be gone six months ago when her Instagram account changed from Emma to Tenille.  How many wrestlers change their social media from their stage to real names?  We all know how addicted the WWE is regarding social media.  That change does not happen in isolation when you have 1.5 million followers.

Does anyone actually think Steph would allow a wrestler with 1.5 million followers to rebrand while actively working for the company without getting approval from the top?