DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THAT EPISODE OF FRESH PRINCE WHERE WILL"S DAD DUMPS HIM

piranesi

I'm not all at convinced Jordan could pull off a heel turn any better than he's done with his babyface singles push.

Jordan's pleading with Angle was... odd.  I'm fairly certain Creative intended him to come off as sympathetic, but my main issue with Triple H pedigree'ing him to end the segment was I kinda wish Angle has given him an angle slam before he started to talk.

Angle's knees appear to have been badly photoshopped in from a different photo.  I'm kinda interested in the proposed Angle-HHH match, but it may well be terrible.

46 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I'm not all at convinced Jordan could pull off a heel turn any better than he's done with his babyface singles push.

Jordan's pleading with Angle was... odd.  I'm fairly certain Creative intended him to come off as sympathetic, but my main issue with Triple H pedigree'ing him to end the segment was I kinda wish Angle has given him an angle slam before he started to talk.

Angle's knees appear to have been badly photoshopped in from a different photo.  I'm kinda interested in the proposed Angle-HHH match, but it may well be terrible.

This is all ending with Jordan turning on Angle during his eventual match with Hunter and saying that when Angle wasn’t there for him Hunter looked out for him as his NXT dad. (The Pedigree was tough love that his dad should have shown him).

I have honestly no idea if it’ll work for anything other then to rationalize Hunter going over.

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Yeah I was looking at him and was like wow his knees are so bad. Just look at the angle they're at when he's standing.

....and Daniel Bryan is watching backstage going 'please clear me to wrestle.'

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I'm kinda interested in the proposed Angle-HHH match, but it may well be terrible.

Nothing says Wrestlemania more than having 40+ year old men who wrestle a handful of times per year headline a card over wrestlers who work every TV and house show.

The spectacle that is Wrestlemania.  *points at Wrestlemania sign*

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Or the guy who had to get goon handed because he tried to selfie the Shield entrance

If you watch the wide shot a few seconds earlier, he had already made one attempt to get in the way and he got shoved hard.  This was actually the SECOND time this dumbass tried it.

2 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Decent episode of Raw and I guess I should be used to it, but im so sick of Stephanie McMahon de-balling/emasculating everyone.  It really needs to stop.

I grew tired of it years ago.  

I dread the day Vince formally retires because it means more Steph and HHH, who never pass up an attempt to put themselves over.  They are just tired characters who need to go away.

• Like 2

I worked the show last night. Poor Kane was stuck under the ring for about 20 minutes after the show ended. They were waiting until all the fans were cleared out of the seating bowl before they let him get up and head to the back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think Jordan is salvageable.  After his inevitable interference backfires at Survivor Series Kurt can take him to the woodshed which leads to him being recruited by The Miz.  Jordan as a Miztourage member would work for a few months, then once that runs its course you can trade him back to Smackdown and get an angle going that eventually reforms AA.

20 hours ago, caley said:

I'd like to see Bray Wyatt corrupt Jason Jordan in the coming weeks.  "I was showing you the truth, Jason.  Your father doesn't love you."  Do you think Jordan can grow a beard?  Jason Jordan as Bray Wyatt's hench-athlete would be some good TV.

I'd rather it be Raven, finally getting revenge on Kurt for walking out on that ECW show 20 years later, being paid to do so by Shane, after corrupting Shane/getting him into GHB got him fired the first time around. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I'd rather it be Raven, finally getting revenge on Kurt for walking out on that ECW show 20 years later, being paid to do so by Shane, after corrupting Shane/getting him into GHB got him fired the first time around. 

Mike Quackenbush would be proud of that level of long-term planning.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm younger than every person involved in the Survivor Series match.  I don't feel like I'm getting old anymore.  

This can be Rippa's new benchmark, since the ages of MLB and NFL players. 

• Like 1

RAW on Hulu was fucking great, and as for you motherfuckers going on with this " over forty" bullshit? 

How long have you been watching this shit? Historically,  wrestlers are at their performing peaks starting in their mid thirties.  I get the whole, " Well, they added Cena and HHH" deal as far as star power and the amazingly obvious Jordan turn, but let's not do the "old" thing. It's lazy and stupid.

And me being old has almost nothing to do with this. 

Seriously.

Oh, and the funniest part of Jordan's pleading was him awkwardly shoehorning in " the only night where Raw and Smackdown go head to head" in the middle of his heel turn.

And Steph was completely right here. Angle is a terrible, mumblemouthed,  failure of a manager who put his own kid who shouldn't have been there,  on the SS team. And his reaction to the pedigree was totally, " Well, kid needs to learn its a cutthroat business".

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

RAW on Hulu was fucking great, and as for you motherfuckers going on with this " over forty" bullshit? 

How long have you been watching this shit? Historically,  wrestlers are at their performing peaks starting in their mid thirties.  I get the whole, " Well, they added Cena and HHH" deal as far as star power and the amazingly obvious Jordan turn, but let's not do the "old" thing. It's lazy and stupid.

And me being old has almost nothing to do with this. 

Seriously.

It is kinda a sign of WWE's failure to raise new talent that they had to bring in all the old guys.

It's the exact same thing many of us 20 years ago, including some of the same posters here, were pillorying WCW for, and Hogan wasn't as old as some of the guys WWE is trotting out.

• Like 2

WWE is built around the importance of old stars.  I don't see how there can be any question about that based on the last 15 (or whatever, I'm not actually counting) Wrestlemanias.