DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THAT EPISODE OF FRESH PRINCE WHERE WILL"S DAD DUMPS HIM

piranesi

I'd like to see Bray Wyatt corrupt Jason Jordan in the coming weeks.  "I was showing you the truth, Jason.  Your father doesn't love you."  Do you think Jordan can grow a beard?  Jason Jordan as Bray Wyatt's hench-athlete would be some good TV.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, caley said:

I'd like to see Bray Wyatt corrupt Jason Jordan in the coming weeks.  "I was showing you the truth, Jason.  Your father doesn't love you."  Do you think Jordan can grow a beard?  Jason Jordan as Bray Wyatt's hench-athlete would be some good TV.

He could just wear a fake one like he did in SPCW.

My favorite part was just after Triple H takes his spot on the team, Jason is looking at Kurt and him with tears in his eyes doing the whole "come on Dad, this was supposed to be us" and Triple H turns to Kurt and says "is this kid for real" and Kurt just sadly nods because he knows what's coming next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I figured Survivor Series was going to be the start of building towards Angle/Shane at Mania but now I'm thinking they're going to go with HHH/Angle instead.  

The rumor has been Angle/HHH for a while now.

54 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

My favorite part was just after Triple H takes his spot on the team, Jason is looking at Kurt and him with tears in his eyes doing the whole "come on Dad, this was supposed to be us" and Triple H turns to Kurt and says "is this kid for real" and Kurt just sadly nods because he knows what's coming next.

My favorite part was during the same segment, after Jordan got Pedigreed and Kurt goes to him. At first he doesn't look all that upset but then remembered he was on TV and turned on the water works.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nate said:

Just when you think fans can't get more annoying ... we're going to start getting fan proposals interrupting promos more often, aren't we.

Or the guy who had to get goon handed because he tried to selfie the Shield entrance

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I thought the same. Almost the silent resignation that, yes, there would be a pedigree, and yes, it will be on my own son. I am powerless to stop the inevitable, having suffered the same fate all those years ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

So this big opportunity push has basically ruined Jordan's career, hasn't it?

Yup. Chad Gable got the better end of the deal; being paired with Shelton. Jordan might as well be put in a giant crate labelled nxt.

Jordan will end up fine. If he was getting no reaction, that'd be an issue, but the fact he's getting booed out of the building means he can very easily be given a quick heel turn (which everyone has been expecting since day one anyway). This isn't a Reigns situation where they won't turn him because he's a big merch seller and the face of the company, Jordan is lower midcard, and can easily be turned.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Or the guy who had to get goon handed because he tried to selfie the Shield entrance

So hoping we get a return of the Roman Reigns Baby Girl reaction GIFs.

2 minutes ago, We Are The Robots said:

Angle obviously has had health problems, but it's kinda uncomfortable watching him just stand there all stooped over. Looks like the dude can't straighten his legs. Him being involved in main event matches going forward seems like a worrying proposition.

Yeah I was looking at him and was like wow his knees are so bad. Just look at the angle they're at when he's standing.

11 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Jordan will end up fine. If he was getting no reaction, that'd be an issue, but the fact he's getting booed out of the building means he can very easily be given a quick heel turn (which everyone has been expecting since day one anyway). This isn't a Reigns situation where they won't turn him because he's a big merch seller and the face of the company, Jordan is lower midcard, and can easily be turned.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh you optimist. Jordan is fucked. They completely Eugene'd him. 

I still remember people hoping and wishing they'd retcon Eugene being mentally challenged by saying he was actually a really smart guy putting on an act. People are booing Jordan because he fucking sucked. He went from being the best hot tag in WWE, if not all of wrestling, to being misused on SDL, and then going to Raw where he's now Angle's son. People boo him because it's another stupid Vince thing that Vince thought would be hilarious (and honestly, I thought it was pretty funny they had the balls to do it) and the audience sees right through it.

It's not just that the character is terrible or the booking is terrible, it's that everything about Jason Jordan is an affront to the entire audience because booking him like this assumes the whole audience are rubes or they're fucking dumb enough to buy it. Except they're not dumb enough to buy it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kiguchi said:

Mark Henry fathered a hand and still became a bad ass world champ 15 years later. Jason Jordan will be fine. 

Notice the parts that stick out. Jason Jordan ain't Mark Henry and 15 years is an eternity now.

If they did that shit with Mark Henry today, he wouldn't even be in WWE in 15 years.

Jason Jordan can be easily rehabbed if one of two things happens. He can either come out and say he worked Angle to get ahead or he can go full dork like Angle was when he first got over.

Well that or Jason Jordan suddenly develops an ounce of ability to cut a good promo.

EDIT: Or what Rippa said.

Jason Jordan getting to be as great as Mark Henry is unlikely, but that doesn't mean his run is doomed to failure. That his presence led to the most stale worthless character on Raw getting "Thank you Wyatt" chants means there is something there to work with. Beating up Jordan gathered Wyatt more reaction than he has in years, they'd be nuts not to make something of that.