DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura (11/18/2017) - Sydney, Australia (Qudos Bank Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Sydney_Werdum_vs._Tybura

UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura 
November 18, 2017
Sydney, Australia (Qudos Bank Arena)

Fabrício Werdum (249) vs. Marcin Tybura (247) - Werdum, DEC (unanimous)
Bec Rawlings (125) vs. Jessica-Rose Clark (128)**** - Clark, DEC (split)
Tim Means (170) vs. Belal Muhammad (170) - Muhammad, DEC (split)
Jake Matthews (170) vs. Bojan Veličković (170) - Matthews, DEC (split)
Elias Theodorou (185) vs. Daniel Kelly (185) - Theodorou, DEC (unanimous)
Alex Volkanovski (149) vs. Shane Young (147) - Volkanovski, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Ryan Benoit (129)*** vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian (125) - Benoit, KO (head kick), R3 (2:38)
Will Brooks (156) vs. Nik Lentz (155) - Lentz, SUB (guillotine choke), R2 (2:05)
Rashad Coulter (249) vs. Tai Tuivasa (265) - Tuivasa, KO (flying knee), R1 (4:35) 
Damien Brown (155) vs. Frank Camacho (160)** - Camacho, DEC (split)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Alex Chambers (115) vs. Nadia Kassem (120)* - Kassem, DEC (unanimous)
Jenel Lausa (124) vs. Eric Shelton (125) - Shelton, DEC (unanimous)
Anthony Hamilton (261) vs. Adam Wieczorek (238.6) - Wieczorek, DEC (unanimous)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight
**Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight
***Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight
****Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Tai Tuivasa
Performance of the Night: Nik Lentz
Fight of the Night: Damien Brown vs. Frank Camacho

Attendance: 10,021
Rating: 815,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Belal Muhammad vs. Jesse Taylor - Taylor Flagged for Potential USADA Violation 
Alex Volkanovski vs. Jeremy Kennedy - Injury to Kennedy 
Mark Hunt vs. Marcin Tybura - Hunt Removed Due to Medical Concerns 
Alex Volkanovski vs. Humberto Bandenay - Injury to Bandenay 
Alex Volkanovski vs. Drex Zamboanga - Zamboanga Visa Issues 
Bec Rawlings vs. Joanne Calderwood - Calderwood Withdrew From Bout

Bec Rawlings vs Jessy Rose-Clark should have a note in the Cancelled Bouts section, right?  Bec was supposed to fight Joanne Calderwood, but Joanne had to withdraw due to an undisclosed injury

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Bec Rawlings vs Jessy Rose-Clark should have a note in the Cancelled Bouts section, right?  Bec was supposed to fight Joanne Calderwood, but Joanne had to withdraw due to an undisclosed injury

It's in there. I usually wait and put them in chronological order.

• Like 1

I like that Fabricio has developed these mini feuds with fighters from the smaller weight classes like Rockhold, Tony Ferguson, and now Colby Covington. Now he has to beef with a 205er, flyweight, bantamweight, and featherweight.

Colby Covington is quickly becoming my least favorite fighter.  What made him think that Fabricio Werdum of all people was about that foolishness?  Werdum is a big, skilled heavyweight, who can and will rip poor Colby's arm off and beat him to death with it.  Colby really thought that he was the guy to test, and then decided to press charges when he got slapped with a boomerang.

Mike Perry is just as obnoxious but there is no way on the planet that he'd press charges for getting hit in the head with a boomerang.  That is why Mike Perry is likeable, and Colby Covington is not.

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I just thought that Colby was heeling it up to sell a fight but it turns out he really is a total dick.

Has anyone here ever seen Fabricio Werdum in person?  He's like 6'4 240, but projects bigger than that.  He's a legitimately massive human being.  Colby Covington looking at that dude and then saying, "Filthy Brazilians," loud enough to hear him is legit one of the dumbest things you could possibly do.  Does he know the reputation of fighters trained by Rafael Cordeiro?  He's the only trainer I've ever heard of who has a reputation of training mean into his fighters.  He's someone who can have a perfectly nice guy walk into his gym, and they walk out a mean ass fucker.  Fabricio Werdum is pretty much the poster boy for that phenomenon.  The absolute best thing that could happen after that is getting slapped in the head with a boomerang, and that bitch pressed charges.  

I nominate slapping a dude in the head with a boomerang for the pure disrespect hall of fame.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Well, Dan Hardy called it. That was probably Fight of the Night.

Might be fight of the last six months for that matter. What a war!

I like how our the folks from Western Sydney let people know they're from Western Sydney like folks over here shoutout Brooklyn. 

Also, Tai Tuivasa has a ton of charisma and they're probably going to try to build him up.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I like how our the folks from Western Sydney let people know they're from Western Sydney like folks over here shoutout Brooklyn. 

Also, Tai Tuivasa has a ton of charisma and they're probably going to try to build him up.

Ton of charisma and the kid moves like a man 60-80 lbs. lighter. Tremendous upside!

• Like 1

I was glad to see Alex Chambers back after two years. Thought she looked great in the first round and stayed impressive throughout even if she got outworked later. Her previous losses were all via armbar so it was nice to see her escape some close calls there. Always liked her and hope she's back for a little while despite getting up there in age now.