DVDVR Message Board

NJPW World Tag League 2017

Raziel

18 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Yeah, it's just an awkward thing to be made public, considering the tour isn't over yet, and--fighting spirit histrionics or no--Cobb certainly seems to be getting over to me.

Also: "(He) debated an idea I had for our match which ppl shouldnt cuz I don't have bad matches" doesn't do wonders for a guy with a reputation for a too-high opinion of himself.

Agreed on all fronts. Just reinforces everything I've heard about Elgin. Nobody's a bigger fan of Big Mike than Big Mike. And it's not shocking that he may feel threatened by Cobb and be defensive. 

This point I think EVIL and SANADA are taking Block A, but I'm not sure about Block B.  KES vs. EVIL/SANADA at WK seems like the best possible match up though out of what's left.  

Even before all this came out today, I thought that several of the Elgin/Cobb tags were laid out in such a way to make Cobb look like a chump and give all the shine to Elgin, which I thought was weird.  But it totally makes sense in the context of Elgin walking around with his ass on his shoulders about the team.

12 minutes ago, sevendaughters said:

just read the broader context of those messages and if I am thinking right that is the person accusing Elgin of some kind of sexual impropriety so that's a bit more understandable, still, no need to make Jeff Cobb's life more of a pain than it is.

Read the indy thread.  She's accusing one of Elgin's trainees of rape, not Elgin.   Somehow, Elgin got sucked in to the situation (or, more likely, injected himself), supported the woman in publicly, then talked shit about her in private and basically hinted she was a ring rat who either deserved it or was making things up.  The stuff he said in private got back to her, she made it public, and Elgin keeps taking to Twitter to make it worse.  He seems kinda like a dim bulb who is in over his head.

2 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Read the indy thread.  She's accusing one of Elgin's trainees of rape, not Elgin.   Somehow, Elgin got sucked in to the situation (or, more likely, injected himself), supported the woman in publicly, then talked shit about her in private and basically hinted she was a ring rat who either deserved it or was making things up.  The stuff he said in private got back to her, she made it public, and Elgin keeps taking to Twitter to make it worse.  He seems kinda like a dim bulb who is in over his head.

I posted in there too. I'm referring to this tweet though:

yeah some guys should just not do the social media game, whether for gimmick or just because they can't handle it. I'm sure it's helped some indy guys get better bookings and leaking stuff to sources has some way of benefiting everyone, but there's just a time where you need to be above/away from the fans on and offline.

EVIL and SANADA win Block A, just haven't watched the matches yet.  Other matches announced for the finals card on Monday with a couple good Wrestle Kingdom preview tags.

Well, if EVIL and SANADA win the Tag League, that frees up a match slot, since the Six Man belts won't be up.  I could see LIJ walking out of WK with the Heavy, Jr, and Tags.

I just like to think that Elgin is realizing that everyone over there really likes Cobb and no one likes him.

Although with LU Season 4 coming, how much time would Cobb have to work more tours?

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

EVIL and SANADA win Block A, just haven't watched the matches yet.  Other matches announced for the finals card on Monday with a couple good Wrestle Kingdom preview tags.

Meanwhile, Block B is an absolute limo fire with a 6-way tie(!) going into the final night. Winless Finlay/Kitamura and Makabe/Henare are the only ones out of contention.

Yeah, that 6 way tie has me not wanting to figure out win conditions at all.  They even got sneaky and made a CHAOS/LIJ 6 Man the Main Event so that we can't go by the "Main Event is the real Decider" strategy, although the last Block B match tomorrow is Ishii/Yano vs. GoD.  

Why am I not surprised Block A came down to a 3-way tie between KES, GOD, and War Machine?  I guess it makes sense based on the story they've told with those teams this year, but, man, am I ready for that story to end.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they have GOD win the finals and still somehow manage to get War Machine into the WK title match.  (They were the only other team to beat KES in this, after all.)