DVDVR Message Board

2017 NCAAF: WEEK 12

Pete

Yale has clinched at least a share of the Ivy title and win it outright with victory over Harvard. If they lose both Columbia and Dartmouth can claim a share with victories in their games.

So for some reason the Kansas players in the Oklahoma game decided to not shake hands with Baker Mayfield during the coin toss.  Mayfield then proceeds to lose his mind later in the game yelling obscenities at the players and fans and at one point grabbing his dick in full view of the camera.

Now why a team with 1 win this year and one of the worst college football programs in the last 20 years is playing this kind of mind game is interesting.  But never liked Mayfield as well.  This is the same asshole that thought planting a OU flag after the Ohio State game was a good idea

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So for some reason the Kansas players in the Oklahoma game decided to not shake hands with Baker Mayfield during the coin toss.  Mayfield then proceeds to lose his mind later in the game yelling obscenities at the players and fans and at one point grabbing his dick in full view of the camera.

Now why a team with 1 win this year and one of the worst college football programs in the last 20 years is playing this kind of mind game is interesting.  But never liked Mayfield as well.  This is the same asshole that thought planting a OU flag after the Ohio State game was a good idea

An NFL team will draft him and end up wondering why he doesn't have the maturity to be a pro.

Army lose a heartbreaker at North Texas 52-49 on a last second field goal. The Army coach outsmarted himself and cost his team the game. With 19 seconds left on 3rd down NT decided to go for a 50 yard field goal as they had no time outs and if the play stayed inbounds time would run out. Army called a time out to ice the kicker (which is something I usually feel so much glee when it fails to work). During the time out NT reconsidered and decided to run a play. They completed a 12 yard sideline pass which was literally the one thing Army couldn't let happen, setting up the field goal. The next game is against Navy, win that and nobody will care a bit about tonight. It just sucks that the get in price for that game is $200+ and there's no way in hell I can afford that.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Mercer and the Citadel. Top flight opponents.

The SEC put a rule in that teams had to play a game during the week before Thanksgiving. Some teams responded by setting up the SEC/FCS Challenge for the week before Thanksgiving.

Mercer is a meh FCS school, but the Citadel isn't even good. Instead of Minnesota next week, the Badgers should be allowed to face, I don't know, Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

I feel like Wisconsin really isn't in need of much help when it comes to playing an easier schedule.

Unless Michigan pulls out a miracle next week, Wisconsin is likely going to finish with, at most, 1 win against a team that finished in the Top 25.  Maybe 2 if the Fighting Kiffins of Mighty FAU win out in CUSA.

22 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well Miami is having their let down game at the worst possible time

And they have just tied the game.  

I was at the game yesterday. Rough start as it took a while for the defense to get their collective heads out of their asses. Was impressed with how we finished in the 4th quarter. Couldn't run the ball for shit for 3 quarters but turned it on at the end. Rosier isn't a pro qb at this point as he's way too inaccurate but he's a gamer.

2 hours ago, EVA said:

I feel like Wisconsin really isn't in need of much help when it comes to playing an easier schedule.

Unless Michigan pulls out a miracle next week, Wisconsin is likely going to finish with, at most, 1 win against a team that finished in the Top 25.  Maybe 2 if the Fighting Kiffins of Mighty FAU win out in CUSA.

I always love when a rival has to root for their hated enemy. Michigan State (and PSU) desperately need that miracle upset to set up pure chaos on the East.

Wisconsin is probably rooting for Michigan too. And then hoping everything somehow shakes out to put Sparty in title game.