DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

Fodder for the B&N Criterion sale, which should be soon.

Though, if they run a concurrent Arrow sale (like they did on Black Friday ...)

Speaking of, BOGOF at the Arrow website. 

28 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Great, now I'm gonna have to punish myself for not going to see Polyester at the Art last Saturday by buying the Criterion

Keep us updated on that sale please.

Will do.

Speaking of Daikaiju Eiga, when Godzilla: The Return/Godzilla 1985 is delivered tomorrow, I'll be down to only three Godzilla movies I don't own on disc (Son of Godzilla, Godzilla vs Billoante, and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, though I have the dub of the last one on digital)

In addition, I also only have the dub of King Kong vs Godzilla.

(I'm not counting the three Netflix animated movies because they haven't been released on disc as of yet)

• Like 1

@Curt McGirt, et al.:

I have read that the Criterion 50% sale may start Jun. 28.  Hopefully it'll run thru to my mid-month payday so I can grab a couple films.

However, I'm also going to be 3 movies away from buying my 3000th movie and I was hoping that it would be "Avengers: Endgame".  (I wouldn't have given a shit about such a thing until I was talking about it with my movie club and a friend of mine said "I love you 3000".)

Amazon Deal of the Day has the Chucky Complete 7 movie collection Blu-ray in the awesome "Good Guys" box for twenty bucks.

Which, isn't a HUGE discount, I think I paid 25 for it, but still a good price for a movie series I dearly love.

• Like 1

For some reason when I click the Arrow 50% off sale at the website it takes me to some site wide deals page, none of which take me to a page with JUST the arrow discs.

I hate Barnes and Noble. 

• Like 1

MO-THER-FUCKER! I just bought a $27 book from Barnes (used, thankfully, as with tax on usual price it would probably go to probably close to 40). They're not getting MORE money from me right now. Unless Polyester is like ten bucks.

EDIT: Oh fuck me... they are gonna get my money. There's a copy of Multiple Maniacs floating out there that they have. Ah, who cares -- Happy Pride Month! 

28954id_023_w1600.jpg

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I'm ignoring the B&N sale...but Ronin Flix is having a 40% off flash sale on selected Code Red, Scoprion (and some others) Blu rays and I haven't seen a lot of these on sale before so my fun money $$$$ for the month of July is heading over there before July even gets here. I'll just pretend that was my movie money for Smarch.

Lousy Smarch weather.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 2

I finally ordered the Godzilla CC Blu Ray.

I'm not sure how long the sale lasts, but if it is still going two weeks from now when I get paid again, I'm strongly considering the Bergmam box set.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I finally ordered the Godzilla CC Blu Ray.

I'm not sure how long the sale lasts, but if it is still going two weeks from now when I get paid again, I'm strongly considering the Bergmam box set.

Supposed to end first part of Aug.

Edited by nate
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2019 at 9:52 PM, jaedmc said:

For some reason when I click the Arrow 50% off sale at the website it takes me to some site wide deals page, none of which take me to a page with JUST the arrow discs.

I hate Barnes and Noble. 

I'm throwing in on this.  I had a movie in my cart, ready to order.  Before I completed my order, the movie went out of stock.  And, apparently, when something goes out of stock online with Barnes & Noble, it's off limits from ordering online until it gets restocked, I suppose.  Because I can't put it in my cart now.

Fuck you, Barnes & Noble.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

So... Go Fund Me?

"I never would have dreamed I would be one of the people asking others for help. But I always thought that Autumn Sonata and I would spend the rest of our lives together.  All we're asking is for a few caring souls to give us that chance. LET LOVE WIN!!!!"

• Haha 4