DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

Man, since getting the license last year, Mill Creek has just been pumping out the Ultraman/Ultraverse Blu-ray sets. They either out or available for pre-order the first five classic series, and 4 recent series + their relevant movies.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

No dates yet, but Parasite and Memories of a Murder are both getting Criterion releases later this year. Which helps explain why the original Parasite release was so damn bare bones.

Thanks for the head's up. I was going to blind buy it since his movie MOTHER is one of my favorite movies evar.

Speaking of korean cinema, I got my first import for my region free player. It's a Korean movie called Magicians. I watched it years ago and couldn't find it because it didn't get a real US release. It's a "single take" film about memories that has such a great set and atmosphere. I don't think this trailer does it justice because it's edited, and part of the visual appeal is how the camera floats from moment to moment.

I'm pretty stoked about going region free. There are just so so many movie that don't get released in the states that I've seen at festivals and now I can go back and get my hands on many of them. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 2:52 PM, jaedmc said:

I'm pretty stoked about going region free. There are just so so many movie that don't get released in the states that I've seen at festivals and now I can go back and get my hands on many of them. 

I'm waiting to see how my taxes end up, before making the jump.

3 hours ago, nate said:

Not to be outdone, Severin is releasing a boxed set with every Al Adamson film.

Physical media is dead, tho, amirite?!?!!  Bahahahahaha ....

I can only imagine what the MSRP is going to be on this beast. 

From the stuff I've read it seems they're actually putting some work into this as opposed to the old Mill Creek 30 film special. 

10 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I can only imagine what the MSRP is going to be on this beast. 

From the stuff I've read it seems they're actually putting some work into this as opposed to the old Mill Creek 30 film special. 

Yeah, the special features they're touting are insane, not the least of which is the inclusion of their feature length bio doc on him.  And Severin sets are very well curated at any rate, much less what work I can imagine went into this obvious passion project.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3606596/review-blood-flesh-reel-life-ghastly-death-al-adamson-shines-light-overlooked-legend/

Severin has done an Al Adamson documentary and also a complete box set of all of his works, 32 movies on 14 discs plus bonus features. Pretty wild. The doc is on VOD today.

EDIT: Well damn, I go back and scroll down and right below the Adamson thing is this 

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3606737/can-now-purchase-color-space-officially-licensed-fully-functional-vhs/

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 2/22/2020 at 9:46 PM, Brian Fowler said:

In July, Arrow is releasing an 8 disc boxset of all 12 Gamera movies

Now down to $161.64 on Amazon. So that saves me a little money.

Went in on the Kino sale, for Black Windmill, Killer Force, the Man Who Haunted Himself, the Nude Bomb, The Pit, and Taking of Beverly Hills.  A buck over $50 for the free shipping option.

On the box set horizon, Arrow is re-releasing their Stray Cat Rock set in April.  Preordered.

• Like 1