DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

• 2 weeks later...

They're also getting Army of Shadows back from OOP Hell. Great great film that I already owned.

Also Miranda July's You and Me and Everyone We Know, which is fantastic. 

Haven't seen The Cremator or Destry Rides Again but both are now on my list.

I haven't bought a Criterion release in forever. I might have to hit them up next sale. I've started to get  a hankering for some shit in their catalog.

On 1/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, jaedmc said:

I got ZERO movies for Christmas.

However...I did win Fantasy Football this year and got a little fun cash. Probably going to get my first all region player. So excited. the list of foreign discs I want is massive.

Happened by Half-Priced Books and got a new copy of Us for nine bucks. HAven't seen it, but I would have paid nine bucks to see it theaters if I had the time when it was released.

I also found HARD TICKET TO HAWAII so my sleaze collection is growing:

Image result for hard ticket to hawaii

This is the third time I have bought Hard Ticket to Hawaii. First got it on DVD when BRentwood/BCI released it. Then got that cheapo Mill Creek Andy Sidarius films set. And then ordered the Blu Ray months ago. While Hard Ticket gets all the praise Picasso Trigger is my fave Andy Sidaruis film.

• 2 weeks later...

From Diabolikdvd.com:

**ON SALE MONDAY FEBRUARY 10th ONLY AT DIABOLIKDVD.COM $24.99**

Diabolik is very excited to announce the Exclusive Blu Ray Release of the International Cult Classic “THE FREAKMAKER” starring Donald Pleasence, Academy Award nominees, Tom Baker, Michael Dunn, Jill Howarth and international film icon, Brad Harris - directed by Academy Award Winner, Jack Cardiff (“African Queen”, “The Red Shoes”). The  new release also includes Exclusive Bonus Extras, featuring Commentaries by Producer/Screenplay Author, Robert Weinbach, Co Star, Brad Harris and Director, Jack Cardiff and the Featurette - “How To Make A Freak”. (Spoilered for all that info.)

* Blu-Ray All Region

* Limited Edition Slipcover with Art by Mike Tommyrot (Instagram: @miketommyrot)
* Limited Edition 2 Double Sided Postcards featuring Promotional Art 
* New Scan from an archival 35mm print framed at 1:66 
* Featurette 
* Commentary with Producer/Writer Robert D Weinbach and actor Brad Harris. 
* Audio Interview with Jack Cardiff
* Trailer and TV Spot
* Still Gallery with Isolated Score
* English SDH Subtitles  
* Running Time Approx 92m 

Plus - the first 200 Orders for "THE FREAKMAKER" will also include an "Extra Special Collector’s  Bonus" - A Limited Edition CD of Producer, Robert Weinbach’s multi award winning film, “SHIVER” based on the New York Times, best selling novel by Brian Harper - starring “scream queen”, Danielle Harris (“Halloween”), Casper Van Dien (“Starship Troopers”) and John Jarratt (“Wolf Creek”), directed by multi film fest winner, Julian Richards (“the Last Horror Movie”). The CD features excerpts from legendary, Emmy nominated, composer, Richard Band’s "(Re-Animator") haunting "Shiver" score including classic jazz interpretations by international jazz sensations, Laura Weinbach and Cheryl Conley, the Mills Brothers and others, plus a dynamic, powerful dramatization of the novel's prologue from the “killer’s point of view” and a special “Trailer” for the film.

I'm a fan of Donald Pleasance, so I'll probably get this.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:12 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Tubi is putting up shit that I thought was lost to time. Too bad that the interface is absolutely awful. This thing crashes more than my cousins WebTV used to.

The Big Gundown blu ray is being restocked on Amazon in a couple of days. That movie is nowhere to be found on any legal streaming service. If you’ve never seen it, but need more Van Cleef playing a hero in a western, then this ones for you.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Target is running a B2G1F sale.  They're running these with an alarming frequency lately, as I just took advantage of one of these less than a month ago (got Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker, and It Chapter Two, then one more trip in for preorders on Evil Ed [Arrow], The Beast and the Magic Sword (Naschy! as Daninsky!!) and Hot Dog...The Movie!).

When they run these sales, I've noticed that it's quite difficult to dig up any Shout/Scream titles they may have.

21 hours ago, nate said:

Target is running a B2G1F sale.  They're running these with an alarming frequency lately, as I just took advantage of one of these less than a month ago (got Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker, and It Chapter Two, then one more trip in for preorders on Evil Ed [Arrow], The Beast and the Magic Sword (Naschy! as Daninsky!!) and Hot Dog...The Movie!).

When they run these sales, I've noticed that it's quite difficult to dig up any Shout/Scream titles they may have.

Amazon is running a B2G1F sale as well.

• Thanks 1