DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

On 9/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, nate said:

Since I bought that "Man from Hong Kong" Umbrella rrelease, Amazon wanted to alert me to other things I'd be interested in.

I was not aware that Umbrella had released what may be a region free (acc. to Amazon, Deep Discount, DVD Empire, but region 4 acc. to Umbrella's site) DVD of "Le Cercle Rouge", $12.99.  (Less than $10 before S&H at Deep Discount.)

No extras listed, but nothing short of a reprint of the Criterion release would do anyway, so I ordered it.  I'm curious if it is really region free.

Yeah, not region free.  Feck.

The October package from Vinegar Syndrome is killer. 

Berserker

Unmasked Part 25

Beyond the Door III

and their first ever boxed set: AMITYVILLE: THE CURSED COLLECTION, with Evil Escapes, It's About Time, and Dollhouse

Also Tammy and the T-rex: Gore Cut will be apart of Black Friday release.  They're going to get so much of my money again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scream Factory has a really nice looking Omen set coming out, with all five movies and brand new bonus features on all of them except the remake. I may have mentioned this before

But that seems to be the only major horror boxset coming out this spooky season (They have a five film The Fly box, but not until December)

Shout is also releasing a massive Abbott and Costello Blu box in December.

4 hours ago, jaedmc said:

There was supposed to be a Phantasm set at the end of October,  but I believe it's been delayed.

Interesting. I got them all on DVD for 15 bucks, but the old Blu-ray set is going for insane prices used last I checked.

Edited by Brian Fowler

This one is supposed to have a replica ball and a restoration of Phantasm 2 supervised Coscarelli that for the first time includes the footage the MPAA made him cut.

Some places were saying it would be out around Oct 22, but there hasn't been any US pre-orders yet, so it seems doubtful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, I thought I put this on here earlier.  Family Video (pretty decent e-tailer I started using) is running a Halloween sale, which also coincides with a Vinegar Syndrome 50%ish sale (some newer titles are a little closer to 40%).  I just got Splatter University and Pledge Night today.

And .... goddamn Kino Lorber is having a sale for Halloween.

• Thanks 1

I'm going to put each label on a rotation. 

Like I just got a ton of Kino Lorbers so they're at the back of the line. I just rocked a bunch of Vinegar Syndromes too. I almost bit on the Criterion but I kinda feel like I gotta go Scream Factory this month.

• Like 2

I had a $10 Gift certificate for Criterion for being an early subscriber to the channel, so I used that and the 50% sale to buy the essential Jacques Demy collection for about $60. Christmas shopping for the wife done in record time! 

• Like 1