DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

27 minutes ago, Casey said:

@piranesi where did you see the Hellraiser Scarlet Box on Arrow Video? The one they had for the Easter sale definitely wasn't that one, and I didn't even realize it until today when the trilogy boxset got here ? The link on their website just sends me to Amazon, hahaha. Damnit, I wanted all the little extras like the book and poster and cards! Boooo-urns.

EDIT: I'm so confused. There's an Arrow Films AND Arrow Video????

Arrow films is their theatrical distribution thing. Both for repertoire films and new releases they distribute to movie theaters.

On the Hellraiser box...FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK I thought all that stuff was in there.  I have failed you and everyone on this planet.  In my defense, everyone has too many editions of everything to keep track of! 

tumblr_mrs30djVNm1s13iszo1_500.gif

You can email them and set up a return at [email protected]

I'll probably keep mine as I still think it's a good deal for the Arrow versions of all three.

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh, btw, speaking of the Alien Anthology boxset, you can currently get it on Amazon for under 20 bucks. Which is, legitimately, a steal.

Dammit, of course it does that now when I went and got the 6 Film box set 2 months ago.  I think I still made out though.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Dammit, of course it does that now when I went and got the 6 Film box set 2 months ago.  I think I still made out though.

Does that have the two bonus discs from the Anthology?

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Does that have the two bonus discs from the Anthology?

Sadly, they don't, but they still have the Theatrical and Director's Cuts of the first 4 on the discs and Digital (via Movies Anywhere).  

That's kind of a shame. 

I also wonder why they didn't put the extended cut of Prometheus in it. (I've never seen said extended cut)

Also, don't let David Fincher hear you call the assembly cut of 3 a "director's cut" he might punch you.

I think they were just going for a box of all 6 movies (and it's a pretty nice set).  I'm not so much an extra feature fan so I'm not really plussed about not having the Anthology Disc's as I cared more about the movies and this set had all 6 instead of 4 and still needing to grab Prometheus and Covenant.  Although yeah, I'd like to see the Extended Cut of Prometheus and see if that made more sense.  

I also just realize now that I've never seen the Assembly Cut of Alien 3 or the Director's Cut of Resurrection.  

The Assembly Cut is significantly more interesting, although there a few things that are much weaker. But it's still a deeply flawed mishandled mess. But you do get more of that oppressive nhilistic wave that Fincher was so great at.

Resurrection... Eh, I have no idea anymore what was even different. Nothing significant iirc.

For Giallo fans the Severin Blu Ray of ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK is suddenly marked down to $12.50 on AMazon. It's mostly been up around $25-30 since it came out last year.

Edited by piranesi

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, piranesi said:

Oh God. I've been waiting for this since Cutting Class came out.

Me and my movie watching crew are scheduled for a Jill Schoelen appreciation day - Popcorn, Hot Moves, and Cutting Class.  It will be glorious.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nate said:

Me and my movie watching crew are scheduled for a Jill Schoelen appreciation day - Popcorn, Hot Moves, and Cutting Class.  It will be glorious.

I demand equal time for a Deborah Foreman festival of April Fools Day, My Chauffeur, and Waxwork.

• Like 2

Well I did just watch that movie a few months ago and my wife was like "That dude looks like Crispin Glover." 

If you had said probably anyone else I probably would have whiffed. I suck at remembering names.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Well I did just watch that movie a few months ago and my wife was like "That dude looks like Crispin Glover." 

If you had said probably anyone else I probably would have whiffed. I suck at remembering names.

So your wife is in the club. you can ask her for a guest pass but don't make trouble.