DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

Barnes & Noble online can eat a dick.  I want to order an Arrow film, but it's out of stock.  So, can I backorder it?  Oh, but hell no; I now have to keep the product page open and refresh until "Add To Cart" turns a solid blue and FUCKING FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS. :(

Fuck yes!

WarnerATT can shove their mega-bundle service. My guess is the big Warner service will be around $30/month with HBO and a bunch of other stuff thrown in where it's all or nothing. They are basically trying to turn streaming into what cable bundles have become. 

Meanwhile they're levereging their purchase of Direct t.v. to try and drive Dish out of business by withholding HBO from it.

It's hard to imagine that a Criterion standalone service would ever have generated as much buzz as it will right now. Way to stumble over your own dick, ATT.

• Like 1

Well, I finally got the Arrow order in that I wanted: Happiness of the Katakuris, Pit Stop, Cops vs. Thugs, Zero Boys, and Driller Killer.

Will probably dip back in for a couple more since the sale ends in January.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nate said:

Well, I finally got the Arrow order in that I wanted: Happiness of the Katakuris, Pit Stop, Cops vs. Thugs, Zero Boys, and Driller Killer.

Will probably dip back in for a couple more since the sale ends in January.

I just ordered Driller Killer off someone on another board. I haven't watched it in years so I'm excited to see what Arrow's release looks like.

I also just got my copy of Murder Rock from Ronin. I haven't watched it yet because my TV died and I don't have the budget to buy a new one until maybe Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Of course, the day it died, I had 11 blus show up in the mail.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Control said:

It won’t be available in Canada and I’ll be sad. 

The new service will be wholly owned and controlled by the Criterion Collection. We hope to be available in U.S. and Canada at launch, rolling out additional territories over time

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, nate said:

Black Friday has begun for me.

From Twilight Time:

A replacement copy of Scream and Scream Again (Vincent Price!)

The Killer is Loose blu

I got that John Alton collection while it was still just $19.95 yesterday. It's up to $60 today. Woo!

T-Men.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, piranesi said:

I got that John Alton collection while it was still just $19.95 yesterday. It's up to $60 today. Woo!

T-Men.jpg

I'm hoping that next year's sale sees Raw Deal on Blu at a nice $11.95 price point.

I've never bought a Vinegar Syndrome disc so I made the decision to spend my birthday monies on them. 

Slaughterhouse

Psycho Cop Returns

House of the Dead

Mausoleum

The Children

Cutting Class

Next October when my fam lets me watch horror movies again, should be fun.

• Like 1

Black Friday achievement unlocked!

Vinegar Syndrome: Grave Robbers (a/k/a Dead Mate); Orgy of the Dead (Ed Wood!)

Severin Films: Beyond the Seventh Door; Shocking Dark (Italian rip-offs!)

Best Buy: Black Panther; Deadpool 2; Hotel Artemis; Battle of the Sexes (Tennis!)

Deep Discount: Shanks; Thing With Two Heads

Dark Forces: Black Gestapo (Mac from "Night Court" cutting dudes' balls off!); Curse of the Blue Lights

I've got eyes on a few more things.  This run one was less about just movie acquisition and more about getting some stuff to watch for my 4-8 recuperation from meniscus surgery, bummy ass luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nate said:

Dark Forces: Black Gestapo (Mac from "Night Court" cutting dudes' balls off!);

!!!!!!!!!!!!My eyes bugged out when I read this. Then I watched the trailer on youtube. Linking black militant groups to nazis, but at the same time making them the heroes of the movie? The 70s were complicated. Gotta watch that one soon. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jaedmc said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!My eyes bugged out when I read this. Then I watched the trailer on youtube. Linking black militant groups to nazis, but at the same time making them the heroes of the movie? The 70s were complicated. Gotta watch that one soon. 

I feel like discoveries like this are exactly what the DVDVR Movie section is all about.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Not exactly Three the Hard Way.

• Like 1

Thx to this heads up I just picked up the Mac Nazi movie too. Just got my first actual (region Free) Blu Ray player so I'm loading up on neat stuff this BF. Mostly things that I can't find streaming anywhere. Going through all the places nate mentioned I scored:

The Black Gestapo

Brotherhood of Death

Inn of the Damned/Night of Fear double feature

Body Melt

Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes/ Jive Turkey double feature

Last House on Massacre Street/Wild Little Bunch double feature

Vinegar Syndrome 5 Films 5 Years Vol. 2 and Vol. 4

Prime Evil/Lurkers Double Feature

Deathrow Game Show

Storefront Theatre Vol. 1 (The Pittsburgh one was sold out)

Nightmare Sisters

All the Colors of the Dark

The Devil's Rain

Beyond the Darkness

• Like 3

11 hours ago, piranesi said:

Thx to this heads up I just picked up the Mac Nazi movie too. Just got my first actual (region Free) Blu Ray player so I'm loading up on neat stuff this BF. 

I'm buying one probably after Christmas. Where did you get yours?

• Like 1