DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

• 2 weeks later...

I happened upon this by pure happenstance, but Drafthouse Films has a sale (liquidation?) of their films on physical media.  Mostly DVD only, as apparently this has been going for a while.  And some of the releases available to retailers are going for crazy prices ... Miami Connection on Blu is available from Amazon at $61, but the DVD of same is $10 plus S&H.

https://drafthousefilms.com/collections/all

I purchased Trailer War on DVD for $10, and I was surprised to find that the PayPal purchase was credited not to Drafthouse Films (as it has when I've bought from them in the past) but to something called Futureshirts LLC.

• Like 1

Well, despite the ten dollar fucking shipping (only other option was 20+!) I snagged The Visitor, Trailer War and Miami Connection. I figure the shipping is the balance of what I would probably pay otherwise because those should all be going for over 20 and as nate said are going for waaaaaaaay upwards of that elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Watched Trailer War.  My new obsession is either tracking down Stunt Rock or Thunder Cops.

I also wanted to give the heads up about a huge sale at Kino Lorber at the moment: https://www.kinolorber.com/shop.  An amazing amount of great stuff, I placed an order bigger than I probably should have, but it'll be worth it for the giallo and poliziotteschi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My buddy and king (pardon the pun) of all collectors*, King Fowley from Deceased, October 31 etc., once upon a time had Stunt Rock for free on Youtube but I guess it got taken down. 

And dammit, I don't need that Kino Lorber sale hanging over me now too. If I was still employed (goddamn broken arm) I'd have already ordered a huge package from them. 

* Seriously, you should see pictures of his old house in Arlington. Floor to ceiling with tapes, vinyl, posters, paraphernalia of all kinds of '70s and '80s music, film, and pop culture; how he managed to pack and move is beyond me

• Like 1

I don't buy many discs anymore. With the rise of Movies Anywhere, I have been focusing mainly on digital streams. But I did buy the four Craig james bond films on blu over the weekend. 

And immediately added the digital codes to my vudu account, natch. 

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

My buddy and king (pardon the pun) of all collectors*, King Fowley from Deceased, October 31 etc., once upon a time had Stunt Rock for free on Youtube but I guess it got taken down. 

And dammit, I don't need that Kino Lorber sale hanging over me now too. If I was still employed (goddamn broken arm) I'd have already ordered a huge package from them. 

* Seriously, you should see pictures of his old house in Arlington. Floor to ceiling with tapes, vinyl, posters, paraphernalia of all kinds of '70s and '80s music, film, and pop culture; how he managed to pack and move is beyond me

I think Stunt Rock is still on Amazon Prime.  I'm going to double check, after I finish Kung Fu Zombie.

For B&N, if it's out it's on sale, even if it releases during the sale. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can even pre-order at the sale price off the site.

Motherfuckgoddamn, Severin Films is having a half-off sale this weekend!

So, between ...

- Scream Factory Summer of Scream sale

- Kino Lorber's site-wide sale

- Deep Discount's summer sale

- Severin's sale

- Vinegar Syndrome's Halfway to Black Friday sale

- The Drafthouse Films surprise clearance whatchamacallit

- and the upcoming Criterion sale at B&N ...

FUCK MY WALLET!!!

• Like 1

I was waffling on it for days now but I finally went to Kino Lorber and grabbed:

The Italian Connection

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

River's Edge

and almost got The Awful Dr. Orlof too, but like Drafthouse, Kino has ridiculous shipping prices. I also thought about throwing in that and Black Sabbath to get the free shipping but was like "hey, that's $50 and you're unemployed again, slow your roll"

• Sad 1

I blew too much money leading up to this one, though there's nothing this go around I absolutely must have.  I'll probably wait for the November run of this sale; I devoted my Criterion funds to the Arrow sale at DiabolikDVD, for "Day of Anger" (Van Cleef!) and "Doberman Cop" (Chiba!!).

I kinda want to snap up "Seconds" and "Chimes at Midnight", but I can wait.