DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

7 hours ago, nate said:

That is a LOT of unnecessary surgery.  At this point, it's not even technically Dave anymore, haha.

Not Even (technically) Dave Anymore: My Life as Bautista

- A one man comedic off-Broadway show consisting of monologues  by actor/wrestler Dave Bautista. Won 16 Tony awards and the film adaptation won a Grammy and 2 Oscars making Dave Bautista the first wrestling EGOT (tv guide rating ***)

• Haha 4

Just now, elizium said:

I’m just saying he’d make a pretty good Heathcliff if someone wanted to make a limited series of Wuthering Heights 

Man I don't know from wutherinig whatever but if they made a live actio Heathcliff with him it would fuggin rock.

18 hours ago, piranesi said:

Man I don't know from wutherinig whatever but if they made a live actio Heathcliff with him it would fuggin rock.

You're talking about the cat, aren't you?

• Thanks 1

Severin on 2023

"We're starting the year with a bang, namely VIOLENT STREETS - THE UMBERTO LENZI/TOMAS MILIAN COLLECTION. It's the first of at least 5 new curated box sets we'll be bringing over the next 12 months, including one dedicated to a legendary actor, a few to unique suo-genres, and barring any further source, production and or legal hurdles, the ultimate BLACK EMANUELLE Box. In between there'll be more Blu Premieres, never-before-available genre classics, rarities and restorations, several UHD upgrades, new titles from the Franco, Argento, Fulci, Deodato and Martino canons, and as always a plethora of Mid-Year and Black Friday exclusives. Severin 2023 is Entertainment With Sharp Edges!"

-David Gregory, Co-Founder of Severin Films

• 2 weeks later...

Getting to see the first Birdemic in a crowded room with a live audience that was as vocally perplexed by what was being presented to them as I was will forever remain one of the greatest movie-going experiences of my life.

Being in that same room a few years later for the premiere of Birdemic 2 and having it play to mostly silence after the crowd quickly figured out that some producer had obviously made the filmmaker self-aware of how shitty the first film was so it became deliberate rehash of the genuinely delusional first movie was one of the sadder movie-going experiences of my life.

Long story short, if you never saw the sequels but enjoyed how genuinely shitty and misguided the first Birdemic was, leave the memories alone. 

Went to Barnes and Noble to grab the Slash autobio I've been sneaking a peek at during work when things slow down (yeah, I paid about 100% more than it would have if I got it on the shelf at Goodwill, but that's a pain in the ass and at least this copy isn't trashed) and I glanced at the Criterion section for Crash and Videodrome. Are they always $40 a pop? Surely their annual sales are better but I never check em out when you guys mention them.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Target running a B9GO50% until 14 Feb.  I'm not enough of a math guy to know if this is any better than their old B2GOF deal.

And Grindhouse Video is running a pretty good Arrow sale until the 14th as well.

http://www.grindhousevideo.com

was super excited when i saw that they had a blu ray of Matinee for $12, but its region B

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, elizium said:

was super excited when i saw that they had a blu ray of Matinee for $12, but its region B

Yeah, a few of their releases fooled me like that.  Doesn't Matinee have a Criterion release?  (I guess I could check ...)

Edited by nate
Nope, Shout Factory.

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

... and I glanced at the Criterion section for Crash and Videodrome. Are they always $40 a pop? Surely their annual sales are better but I never check em out when you guys mention them.

Yeah, the sales are usually for half off.

8 hours ago, nate said:

Target running a B9GO50% until 14 Feb.  I'm not enough of a math guy to know if this is any better than their old B2GOF deal.

Well, I'm pretty sure "buy Nine, get One for 50% less" is worse! (In Non-Asshole, though, this is probably the better deal on some level since you could just buy less stuff overall).

But hey, now I have Dune and EEAAO in 4K heading to my door next week.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 1