DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

9 hours ago, nate said:

Same here.  I have freakin 27 damn movies on order, it got way out of hand since these sales popped off.  I got a quarterly productivity bonuses, and it's already gone.

I got a little something something in the ol' bank account  just in time for Vinegar Syndrome's Black Friday sale.

Became a subscriber. It feels awesome.

Until yesterday when I realized that I was putting money away to remain a subscriber. Once you do it you can't go back I guess.

• Like 1

Army of Darkness 4-disc/4-cuts on 4K UHD from Scream Factory September 27th. In both a regular collector's edition and steelbook.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Thanks 1

There are way too many catalog titles I really want coming to 4K the next two months. The first three Child's Play movies, a full collection of the TOS Star Trek movies, as well as a separate box for the first movie featuring three different cuts and literally every special feature for the movie that has ever been released anywhere, plus the aforementioned Army of Darkness and Evil Dead releases.

My poor wallet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Does the world really need the Chucky movies in 4K? ?

(I would say the same about my beloved Buckaroo Banzai. ) 

Considering I'm really really hoping the other four follow quickly, I'm going to say "yes."

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I haven't bought a DVD in years but I might for Criterion's Yaphet Kotto collection:

FYs7Yt6WYAMOQiJ?format=jpg&name=large

Well that’s just on their streaming service, so no reason to change your buying habits.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:10 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I wish they had a trailer up for that because I've never ever ever heard of that guy somehow. 

Same.

Looking at his IMDB I sort of recognized 2 of the titles, but couldn't say with certainty if I had seen them.

I do love collections like this if for nothing more than the preservation aspect.

For October, Shout is dropping new 4Ks of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Return of the Living Dead, and in a box set Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers, H20, and Resurrection with both cuts of Curse. Paramount won't let them sell them individually, so they are in a slip box but each one also matches the previous five movies from last year in both the side slip case and art style.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 3:16 PM, Control said:

Pre-Orders start today for CENTIPEDE HORROR and RED SPELL SPELLS RED, which are apparently two gross category III Hong Kong flicks.

Who's got it up for preorder?  I only found an old DVD release for it on Amazon.