DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I've never seen any Ray Dennis Steckler films but that trailer is a treat. Which ones should I see? Surely they're all public domain on Youtube.

I’ve only seen the one featured on MST3K. I hear “good” things about WILD GUITAR and RAT PFINK A BOO BOO.

Monte Hellman's Cockfighter is on sale from Shout! Factory on BluRay but it's only available on their site, and 60% of their stock is already gone, so you'll wanna jump on it. I went ahead because fucked if I'm gonna pass on Warren Oates vs. Harry Dean Stanton. 

I forgot to mention this before the sale ended, but I was convinced to pick this up.  If it even comes half as close to capturing the daft madness of this trailer ...

Edited by nate
  • Like 4

Voyage of the Rock Aliens is amazing. Don't expect much of a plot, but as a series of music video vignettes its pretty fun. How Did This Get Made did an episode on it a couple months ago.

It's also on Tubi if anyone wants to check it out

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was on TCM not long ago and I watched for a bit. There was a sequence with Robert Blake dancing and singing along to a song while getting impeccably dressed... until he looks down and realizes he forgot his pants. It's pretty funny but really awkward because it's Robert Blake. 

• Haha 2

Severin is running a half-off sale until Tuesday.

Also, B&N is running a half-off Kino sale until 30 June.  I might be replacing some older DVD titles thru this.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:12 PM, odessasteps said:

September Criterions announced

https://www.criterion.com/shop/browse?popular=coming-soon

exotica might be my pick of the new ones

Exotica is one of my favourites. Been carrying around a published copy of the script and an old VHS of it for years. 1990s Atom Egoyan is one of my top directors.

• Like 1

Ten years ago, Wes Anderson's iconic Moonrise Kingdom marched into theaters and to celebrate, we're giving one Focus Insider an exclusive prize pack including: 

One (1) Cooler Set

One (1) Canteen Bottle 

One (1) Scout Patch Set 

One (1) Official Poster

One (1) Moonrise Kingdom Blu-ray 

• Like 1

Vinegar Syndrome releases:

-RIGHTING WRONGS (ppl are very excited about this one)
-SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED
-CYBER VENGEANCE
-TWO UNDERCOVER ANGELS/KISS ME MONSTER
-ROLLERBABIES/MOUNT OF VENUS (xxx)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nate said:

The Barnes & Noble Criterion sale is live, peeps.

Grabbed Youth of the Beast, le Cercle Rouge, and Something Wild.

I keep eyeing the Bruce Lee set, but will probably end up going for Lady Snowblood, Devil in a Blue Dress, and maybe House.

51 minutes ago, Control said:

I keep eyeing the Bruce Lee set, but will probably end up going for Lady Snowblood, Devil in a Blue Dress, and maybe House.

Oh, you will not be disappointed with House (aka Hausu, rt?).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nate said:

Oh, you will not be disappointed with House (aka Hausu, rt?).

I love House. No idea why I don’t already own it.

I’ve developed a bad habit during the pandemic of spending way too much money on blind buys, which I’m trying to reel in a bit.

16 hours ago, Control said:

I love House. No idea why I don’t already own it.

I’ve developed a bad habit during the pandemic of spending way too much money on blind buys, which I’m trying to reel in a bit.

Same here.  I have freakin 27 damn movies on order, it got way out of hand since these sales popped off.  I got a quarterly productivity bonuses, and it's already gone.

• Like 1