DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

4 hours ago, Control said:

Criterion is also going all-in on UHD (though at least still offering Bluray and in some cases DVD): RAGING BULL, OKJA, VIRGIN SUICIDES, and DEVIL IN A BLUE DRESS are all available in UHD format. Only DRIVE MY CAR and SUMMERTIME aren't getting the treatment.

Should come out in time for the B&N 50% sale.

I recently rewatched DEVIL IN A BLUE DRESS, which I liked, and made me wish that they'd done an Easy Rawlins series with Denzel.

Yeah, my wallet ain't that happy about this UHD only direction Criterion is going.  Guess it means I have to be very discerning with my purchases.

10 minutes ago, nate said:

Yeah, my wallet ain't that happy about this UHD only direction Criterion is going.  Guess it means I have to be very discerning with my purchases.

I think each of the UHD offerings is available as a bluray too.

• Like 1

Raging Bull might have been my number of example of a movie I always thought was a Criterion selection when doing the Movie Club, Poll results, etc... and then double checking and being stunned to learn it wasn't

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Raging Bull might have been my number of example of a movie I always thought was a Criterion selection when doing the Movie Club, Poll results, etc... and then double checking and being stunned to learn it wasn't

Wasn’t it a Criterion laserdisc?

Criterion 4K releases are now 30% OFF at Barnes & Noble, both online and in stores! From Martin Scorsese's transcendent concert documentary to Jane Campion's stirring tale of desire and David Lynch's seductive vision of the Hollywood dream factory to Powell and Pressburger's classic Techincolor fantastia—buy your favorite films in 4K! https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/criterion-4k-30-off-sale/_/N-2wmg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, nate said:

Less than one week from the Vinegar Syndrome half off sale.

Now just a little more than 24 hrs ...

(I'm hoping they don't have crap, but rather something I would enjoy spending my money on ...)

RED SURF looks fun?

Anyway, I ordered:

ILYA MUROMETS (not on sale but selling out)
WNUF HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
UNKNOWN MAN FROM SHANDIGOR
PALS
NEW YORK NINJA

So only one actual Vinegar Syndrome title.

some news/hints for the rest of the year:

Edited by Control
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nate said:

My VinSyn haul:

Alphabet City, The Grave, Monster of Camp Sunshine/ Honeymoon of Terror, Minor Premise, TC 2000, and the Tiger Claws trilogy set.

That Tiger Claws set sold out, so good call.

• Thanks 1