DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

On 10/1/2021 at 11:45 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Is TICKS any good? Surprisingly missed it, even though there was a period where going through the rental joint’s entire horror catalogue was almost a mission

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those interested, Severin’s Black Friday titles are:

House at the Edge of the Park [3-Disc Limited Edition Blu-ray w/Slipcover + CD Soundtrack]$38/Region Free

Night of the Demon [2-Disc Blu-ray w/Slipcover]$34/Region Free

Bloody Pit of Horror [Blu-ray w/Slipcover] $24/Region Free

Black Candles [Blu-ray]$23/Region Free

The Halfway House [Blu-ray]$20/Region Free

Ballad in Blood [Blu-ray w/Slipcover] $25/Region Free

The Forbidden Door [Blu-ray]$23/Region Free

• Thanks 1

Since I am a physical media mizzark, I picked up the Snyder-cut of Justice League on 4k disc. 

Haven't seen, or owned, a modern DC film since the Nolan Batman Trilogy. 

I don't count Joker, that was just a Bernard Goetz fantasy Flick. 

Also picked up the theatrical cuts of The Hobbit Trilogy on Blu-Ray and the newest Conjuring since it was $5.

I've been trying to determine which films from my collection will get a 4k upgrade and I have determined that I have too many films I just watch one time and add to the collection. 

Even though the Hobbit/LotR films would probably be good candidates for an upgrade, they're films I do not revisit. 

And with their epic runtimes, I don't feel bad about getting theatrical versions. 

I haven't always felt that way, but I don't have the patience to sit through them anymore. 

Does anyone have their eyes set on anything for Black Friday?

I may skip the Severin sale this year.  I usually always find something to get from Vinegar Syndrome.

I'm 9 films away from 3500, so I want to make 'em count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nate said:

Does anyone have their eyes set on anything for Black Friday?

I may skip the Severin sale this year.  I usually always find something to get from Vinegar Syndrome.

I'm 9 films away from 3500, so I want to make 'em count.

I’ll probably do a VS order. Been meaning to pick up TOUGH GUYS DON’T DANCE, but will look into some other options (maybe the SCANNER COP set, DEADLOCK, one or two others).

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 12:57 PM, Control said:

3D rape and revenge Kung Fu movie.

I have this on pre-order already. The story of a pre-teen RAF and pal going to Times Square to watch this is a hoot. The "Dynasty" 3D release was good, but this has been a White Whale/Holy Grail of ownership of mine for some time, esp. since any bootlegs of it were rare and crappy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I have this on pre-order already. The story of a pre-teen RAF and pal going to Times Square to watch this is a hoot. The "Dynasty" 3D release was good, but this has been a White Whale/Holy Grail of ownership of mine for some time, esp. since any bootlegs of it were rare and crappy.

I’d never heard of it! Was going to snag it out of curiosity, but I’m happy to hear it’s actually good.

We’re currently close enough to Xmas that I’ve sworn to make no further purchases for myself. But come Boxing Day, I think I’ll have a big order.

I’m in a Vinegar Syndrome collector FB group, and it’s astonishing how many people publish their Black Friday hauls, and it’s overwhelmingly or exclusively titles from the last four months being sold at the regular discount. Like, you could have avoided the rush and bought all of them last month for the same price—and got free shipping.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:09 PM, jaedmc said:

For father's day this year, and my birthday, my family got me gift certificates to Vinegar Syndrome. So this shit is going to be on GUILT FREE this year.

What did you grab?

I cracked and picked up TOUGH GUYS DON’T DANCE, DON’T PANIC, THE TELEPHONE BOOK, ALLEY CAT, and SCANNER COP 1 & 2.

The presents to myself are gonna far outweigh the gifts I get from others this Xmas.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, it's been going that way for me too. I must've picked up about two hundred bucks in vinyl in just the last week. Online sales when you got the money are no joke.

I’m scared to get into vinyl. I need hobbies that don’t revolve around buying stuff.

• Haha 2

We don't want any more of you either! ? https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2021/11/25/low-fidelity-adele-record-store-day-and-why-youll-take-cds-and-like-it/ That is pretty bitter but it's the real shit. Imagine film having the same situation; all we have to worry about in that respect is having to upgrade to BluRay and UHD or whatever, just imagine having to vacillate between formats that take up even more space, and might not end up getting released for X amount of time.