DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

• 2 weeks later...

Vinegar Syndrome is having the pre-sale to their May sale (Half Way to Black Friday) this weekend.

The big announcement is a UHD collector’s edition of SIX STRING SAMURAI.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products/six-string-samurai-vsu

Other titles in the pre-sale package include SURF II with Eddie Deezen, a box set of made-for-TV horror, another box set of films by Rene Cardona jr. (including TREASURE OF THE AMAZON), and two mystery titles that won’t be revealed until the sale itself.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/frontpage/products/everything-halfway-to-black-friday-flash-pre-order

Edited by Control
  • Like 1

Arrow’s June releases:

The Italian crime box set looks neat, though it’s not my thing. Will consider the BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE 4K because it’s a fine film and I like their sets.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I admit I’m not familiar with DAIMAJIN.

VENGEANCE TRAILS is a collection of four westerns:

MASSACRE TIME (1966)

MY NAME IS PECOS (1966)

BANDIDOS (1967)

AND GOD SAID TO CAIN (1970)

Might try to pick up the UHD of DEMONS since it should be region free.

Well, I found the trailer... and the whole movie. 

Trailer

Spoiler

Full movie

Spoiler

@ControlI don't think you are gonna need much convincing on this one haha

EDIT: Oooo, and our Chicago heroes in Cianide made a song about it, of course, because Mike Perun loves his kaiju. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

In 4 weeks, Vinegar Syndrome has their "Halfway to Black Friday" sale, where everything is half off and they drop new super secret product.

This may also mean that the B&N Criterion sale is on the horizon.

• Thanks 1

Some things to keep in mind with the Vinegar Syndrome sale: everything is typically 30% suggested retail price throughout the year, so the 50% sale is good, but not as significant of a deal as it first appears. Also, there’s no free shipping during the sale, which can also cut into your savings.

That said, I’m currently eyeing a few releases that I might pull the trigger on during the sale, including RAW FORCE, SUDDEN FURY, BLOOD GAMES, and TAMMY AND THE T-REX. Maybe SURF II.

If I was going to recommend a title, I’d suggest DEADLY GAMES, aka DIAL CODE SANTA CLAUSE. That movie rules.

• Like 1

Blood Games is fucking great. My wife picked it for a date  night and it was a highlight.

I saved up for the halfway sale. I'm most likely getting the giallo sets they've released. Also Cthulhu Mansion. Probably take a gander at the special releases.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got in in the last few days

Night Killer BLU-The Severin release of this wacky slasher.

Slumber Party Massacre BLU-Have the old set on DVD so grabbed Scream's BLU cheap.

Once Upon the Time in Deadwood DVD-This is a Western starring that dude that looks just like Charles Bronson ,known as Robert Bronski.

On 5/3/2021 at 12:56 AM, Brian Fowler said:

DAIMAJIN!!!! IN QUALITY EDITIONS!!!!

(No, seriously, they are really fucking good movies)

Ok I pre-ordered the trilogy. I blame y’all.

I kept it light, I had higher hopes for the unknown titles.

Fade to Black (replacing an older copy); Xtro 3 (I've been binge watching my Columbo season sets, and this was purely due to Robert Culp's involvement).

Arrow’s upcoming releases

DUNE in HD, if anyone’s interested.

As for the VS sale, got FADE TO BLACK, SILENT MADNESS, GRAVE ROBBERS, SUDDEN FURY, RAW FORCE, and TAMMY AND THE T-REX.