DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/11/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Eli Drake def. Brent Banks
*Taped for Xplosion: Kongo Kong def. Phil Atlas
*Taped for Xplosion: Hania the Howling Huntress def. KC Spinelli
*Taped for Xplosion: KM def. Kaito Kiyomiya.
*Taped for Xplosion: Moose def. RJ City

Impact Wrestling - Airing January 11, 2018 from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

*Dan Lambert & Lashley come to the ring to brag about beating James Storm last week and how they are dominating Impact Wrestling. Lambert introduces the newest member of American Top Team: KM. KM comes out and brags about taking out Storm and Moose. Moose interrupts and attacks KM. Lashley attacks Moose until Eddie Edwards makes the save. Moose & Edwards corner Lambert but he gets pulled out by KM & Lashley.

*Ethan Carter III def. Petey Williams via DQ when Matt Sydal interfered to attack EC3.

*Laurel Van Ness def. KC Spinelli with the Unprettier. Afterwards, Allie attacks Laurel.

*Eli Drake & Chris Adonis come out for a promo. Eli talks about winning a match in New Jersey and being scheduled for Border City Wrestling in Detroit. Alberto el Patron interrupts to challenge Eli to a one on one match tonight. Johnny Impact interrupts and says to tell the internet he'll be in Detroit too. Johnny attacks Alberto, then attacks Eli & Adonis and holds up the title to end the segment.

*Dezmond Xavier, Garza Jr. & Sonjay Dutt def. Trevor Lee, Caleb Konley, & Hakim Zane when Dezmond pins Konley with the Final Flash. After the match, new X Champ Taiji Ishimori came out and had a brief staredown with Dezmond where they shook hands.

*Lashley & KM (w/ Dan Lambert) def. Moose & Eddie Edwards when KM pinned Edwards with a powerbomb after a distraction from Lambert.

Hania the Huntress vs, Rosemary will be feud of the year if they just let those two ladies beat the living shit out of each other.

Hania and Mandy Leon tore the house down at an RoH show last year in B'more, so I have high hopes for the Hania vs Rosemary booking.

Hania's Huntress / She-Wolf gimmick definitely screams "Not Quite Kris Wolf But Close Enough" so it may be a tad offputting when you first see her come to ringside and you happen to be a Kris Wolf mark.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope that will be the end of Dan Lambert as an on screen character. He's got "I'd rather drink bleach than watch you" heat. 

I don't get it.  Is he THAT popular to build, what 5-6 months worth of Impact Wrestling around?  He's okay in his role, but is he really that big of a name to have almost every episode of Impact from, was it June or July, through to December featuring him and ATT at or near the main event every week?

19 hours ago, caley said:

I don't get it.  Is he THAT popular to build, what 5-6 months worth of Impact Wrestling around?  He's okay in his role, but is he really that big of a name to have almost every episode of Impact from, was it June or July, through to December featuring him and ATT at or near the main event every week?

I'd bet he's kicking in some money to keep Impact's head above water and being an on air talent is his reward

KC Spinelli's becoming my favorite part of the show when she's on. Really good 5 min match there and I wish she was signed full time. Not a whole lot else on this one but enjoyed Eli's promo as usual and the other matches were all pretty good.

• Like 1