DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 11/23/17

Impact Wrestling - Airing Thanksgiving, November 23, 2017 from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

The rest of this show was replaying past Turkey Bowl matches to hype up this year's.

*Eddie Edwards, Allie, Garza Jr., Fallah Bahh, & Richard Justice def. Chris Adonis, El Hijo del Fantasma, Laurel Van Ness, Caleb Konley, & KM in the Turkey Bowl 5 on 5 match when Edwards pinned Adonis with a rollup. As a result, Adonis was forced to wear the Turkey Suit. After the match, a food fight broke out and Eli Drake ended up taking a pie to the face.

Who is Dan Lambert, aside from some hotel exec that helps manage this MMA club? Is he a trained fighter at all? I'm not seeing anything.

I can understand football players wrestling, and boxers wrestling, and baseball players wrestling...and can maybe stretch and see why actors and talk-show hosts wrestle...but a fucking hotel manager?

• Haha 1

Lambert is the money and the business savvy.  He's not a professional fighter.

MMA has displaced boxing as the king of combat sports, so organizations like ATT are a sound investment if you're looking to get into the business but don't want the headaches of running a promotion.

14 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Who is Dan Lambert, aside from some hotel exec that helps manage this MMA club? Is he a trained fighter at all? I'm not seeing anything.

I can understand football players wrestling, and boxers wrestling, and baseball players wrestling...and can maybe stretch and see why actors and talk-show hosts wrestle...but a fucking hotel manager?

He's the money mark, Marty!  C'mon, man!  You already know about this sort of thing!

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Lambert is the money and the business savvy.  He's not a professional fighter.

MMA has displaced boxing as the king of combat sports, so organizations like ATT are a sound investment if you're looking to get into the business but don't want the headaches of running a promotion.

He's the money mark, Marty!  C'mon, man!  You already know about this sort of thing!

I'm glad James Storm left NXT where he could help young up-and-comers and returned to Impact where he could wrestle some guy who runs hotels in front of an audience paid to watch it all go down. Sound business decision.

29 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

He's actually a HUGE wrestling fan (he owns a virtual museum of wrestling memorabilia) and also very good in his role as an anti-wrestling heel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Poor Hakim Zane.  One minute you're king of the US Midwest indies and the next you are the Impact curtain jerker.

He's a friend of mine, but I haven't talked to him in awhile. Next time I do, I wanna ask him about his IMPACT deal and if he had to sign away his Indy life to appear on their TV. He has been killing it in the indies around here, so if he had to give that all up to appear on IMPACT, that would be unfortunate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I'm disappointed that Adonis wasn't forced to dress up like a Canadian Turkey.....

..... which I assume is what we in the US usually refer to as a moose.

A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

He's a friend of mine, but I haven't talked to him in awhile. Next time I do, I wanna ask him about his IMPACT deal and if he had to sign away his Indy life to appear on their TV. He has been killing it in the indies around here, so if he had to give that all up to appear on IMPACT, that would be unfortunate.

I saw him wrestle classics against Ace Perry when I lived in Warren, MI and worked for TACOM and he was repping XICW. 

If you talk to him again, give him the board's best wishes.

I liked how they managed to get two hours off of one match and it was pretty entertaining the whole time.  The interaction between Eli, Adonis and JB was funny and the reaction promos were good in establishing the wackier characters.  Toss in wrestlers giving Thanksgiving thoughts and it breezed through nicely leading up to the match.  The match itself was a weird mix of personalities and the addition of the dinner tables added a really nice touch.  You knew Adonis was going to wear the suit but the payoff was still awesome.  So kudos to Impact for this episode, nice to see they can still put on good stuff like this.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

A Pluto double dose, this followed the 9/20/19 episode and I posted twice in the thread 3 years ago so I thought what the hell the least i could do it review it.

We are in Ottawa for the Thanksgiving Episode also the ring is six sided I know everyone is split on the ring but put me down as pro 6 sided.

The Turkey Bowl match will take place tonight so we are going see past Turkey Bowl matches thats cool with me I dig old school TNA. So the Turkey Bowl was a thanksgiving tournament of three semi final matches featuring a wrestler from each division (Heavyweight, X Division and Tag Team) and then the 3 winners face off in a finals match. The man who is pinned wears a turkey suit.

Turkey Bowl 2008: Sheik Abdul Bashir vs Alex Shelley vs Rhino. Pride is on the line. It's a 5 minute match and they clipped what they fuck it's five minutes I know the post match is what we all want to see but why clip a five minute match? But in those five minutes they do manage to tell a story with Shiek and Sheley working together against Rhino but they each try to still the win from one another as 25,000 is in it for the winner. Rhino pinned Shelley after a gore, the Impact Zone sounded happy with that result. The Post match here we go Foley and Shelley have a back and forth where Foley threatens Shelleys job if he doesn't put the suit on. Shelley puts on the suit. They clipped Foleys entrance yeah makes sense but they have 2 hours they could have shown the entire match, the post match stuff might've gone longer as Russo normally does. I'm hung up on the clips but its like come on the match is only five minutes anyway. 

They got Robert Irvine to make the big thanksgiving dinner for tonights show. I like Themed shows this is gonna be fun unless they clip the fuck off the next match then it's just gonna be me complaining.

Roster members say what they are thankful for I like that they do that throughout the program.

Jeremy Borash will be revealing the competitors throughout the evening. Eli Drake and Chris Maters show up. cuts a promo on mashed potatoes Drake can cut a promo. Pass the gravy daddy! He also remains the match The Eli Drake Gravy Train Turkey Trot and Eddie Edwards is the first competitor named and he is the Babyface Team Captain. Fantasma is on the other team. Must be a heel.

We get a video package for the Knockouts Championship tournament as Gail Kim retired after winning it so the title is vacant so the tournament starts the following week of Impact.

So now I know why they clipped a five minute match to air video packages promoted the following weeks show which looks like it's to be a big show so ok I get it but i don't agree with it.

Eli and Masters are still with JB this is entertaining the throw to Robbie E vs Eric Young from 2011. At this point the tournament concept had been dropped and its just a single match where the loser must wear the turkey suit. This match was 3 1/2 minutes and we didn't get the full match this time either. Robbie used a weapon to win the ref finds it and reverses the decision ok so the match is restarted so we might see the full match. I have never seen this one before I stopped watching after Aries dropped the belt to Jeff Hardy and I thought it was too soon so I showed TNA by not watching their product anymore. Eric Young wins, Robbie E is incapacitated so Robbie T has to put on the suit. This is good stuff, it's all about getting Rob Terry in the turkey suit. The Crowd chants Turkey for crying out loud. Rob is humiliated of course which only makes it more comical as he chases EY to the back. 

Back to JB and the Boys. Aliie is on team Eddie. Allie as a face not what i'm use to. Caleb Connelly is on the presumably heel team and Conley and Trevor Lee cut a heel promo so yeah it's the heel team. Richard Justice is on the face team. Why isn'd Dick Justice a cop like in AIW? Why would he just be a fat guy in a singlet? KM is on the heel team, speaking of KM when did he leave impact? I just realized he's not around anymore. Chelsea Green is on the heel team she's doing a crazy person gimmick that i found entertaining. 

So the next Turkey Trot Match is from 2016 vs Grado, The 2007 match was a 30 minute triple threat AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe vs Chris Sabin. But we are getting a four minute match between Robbie E and Grado and I bet they won't clip it either. We got Robbie E's entrance in full. This match is this match it's not a technical masterpiece but if thats what you are expecting out of these two you are half goofy to begin with. Robbie E is 2-2 in Turkey Trot matches he won this won. Grado but on the turkey suit as a low rent peaky blinder is in the ring. Grado dances in the suit.

Fallah Bah is on the face team. Garza Jr too. So Chris Adonis (Masters) is named Heel Team Captain. It's gonna be Eddie Allie Richard Justice Fallah Bah and Garza Jr vs Chris Masters Fantasma Caleb Konely KM and Chelsea Green.

There's a Pluto TV replay of the week and it was DDP debuting in TNA in December of 04. He hit a Diamond Cutter on Raven. That was cool.

It's Eli Drake Gravy Train Turkey Trot time! So this has gone from a tournament to a one on one to a 5 v. 5 where the pinned wrestler must wear the turkey suit, the one constant. Team Eddie vs Team Adonis. Everyone is getting an individual entrance, they're really stretching for time, confirming my suspicions that it was unnecessary to clip that 5 minute match after all they all could have came out as a team. I'm still hung up on clipping the match but what the fuck it was a five minute match. And why didn't they show AJ vs Joe vs Sabin it went 30 minutes so it had ad breaks they could have broken it up put the interstitials between the ad breaks I have not seen the match but with the 3 men involved and the match length i'm sure its at least good. So Dick Justice sits at the dinner table at ringside he rather eat than fight so his gimmick really is that he's a big fat guy. Actually all the babyface team sits at the table so they are ready for Thanksgiving dinner. I didn't even pay attention I was too busy writing about the 5 minute clipped match that i didn't see the heels it at an opposite table. Eli Drake roasts every one taking up more time so the match was in fact clipped for no reason this whole ordeal is gonna be like 40 minutes when all said and done. It's funny though ELi makes JB read off a pledge and both teams repeat the pledge. I wonder if NOAH knew Eddie was wearing their belt during all this gaga? Oh how was the actual match? Really good, i knew it wasn't going to be bad with all the talent involved. Match starts slow, Garza was Ricky Mortoned in the heel corner then Eddie gets the hot tag and the match breaks down into a free for all after that. Bah and Justice trade rights on KM, Bah and KM would eventually become partners. Justice did a dive but it wasn't much he gets caught and Allie dives crash landing onto the lot. Eddie slips out of an Adonis lock rolls Adonis into a sunset flip pin combo for the 3. Adonis/Masters is putting on the turkey suit. Drake refuses to let Adonis put the suit on even after the oath, Adonis leaves the ring walks toward the back but security stops him then JB informs Drake that if Adonis doesn't put the suit on Drake will have to so Adonis takes on for the team, crowds chanting turkey Adonis puts on the turkey suit then a food fight takes place and the show end with Chris Adonis inadvertently throwing a pie in Eli Drakes face. 

Fun holiday themed show with a 5 minute match that was clipped to shit.