DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live Spoilers - Jinder vs Styles -11/7/17

ChesterCopperpot

Well - Survivor Series just got a lot more interesting 

VCYp57t.jpg

– Shane McMahon kicked off the show, talking about how Smackdown will be considered the A show of WWE after Survivor Series. Says the winner of AJ Styles vs Jinder Mahal tonight will go on to face Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series. Shane says that RAW will pay for Daniel Bryan getting attacked by Kane. He also says Bryan will be back on Smackdown Live next week. Shane introduces the New Day and praises them for what they did on RAW.

– The New Day talked about putting RAW ‘under siege’ again. They are interrupted by Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Sami Zayn vs Kofi Kingston was announced. Kofi ended up winning via pinfall against Sami. Owens attacked Kofi after the match but Big E and Xavier made the save.

– Randy Orton vs Rusev. If Rusev wins, he earns a spot on Team Smackdown at Survivor Series. Orton wins with an RKO, looks like Rusev isn’t on the team.

– James Ellsworth vs Becky Lynch (yes, this actually happened). Becky defeats Ellsworth via submission. After the match, Carmella turns on Ellsworth.

– Charlotte Flair vs Natalya announced next week for the Smackdown Women’s Championship.

– The Usos defended their belts against Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable. The match ended in a count out victory for Gable & Benjamin. Jey Uso looked to hurt his knee, resulting in the count out. Unclear if it is legit or not yet.

– Baron Corbin vs Sin Cara announced next week for the U.S Title.

– The New Day vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Announced For Next Week.

– AJ Styles vs Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship. Aj ended up taking out both Singh Brothers. Jinder hit the Khallas but AJ got his foot on the rope. New WWE Champion, AJ Styles after he hit the Phenomenal Forearm!!!!!!!

– The show ends with AJ celebrating as Champion!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

So what happens to SurSer? Does it turn into Styles/Bork or does Jinder get fed to the Beast?

– Shane McMahon kicked off the show, talking about how Smackdown will be considered the A show of WWE after Survivor Series. Says the winner of AJ Styles vs Jinder Mahal tonight will go on to face Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series

Love it if Styles beat Brock somehow just so we get the Raw skit with Stephie trying desperately to blame Brock for disgracing the brand yet not wanting to die for it.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One speculation from Meltzer was that Jinder's shoulder is more fucked up than they have been letting on and that they made the switch because of that.

Obviously, the solution is higher dosage of pharmaceuticals... I mean, vegetables. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, is this the end of Ellsworth's run?

I mean, there's not much left to do with him. He can probably make a decent living in the indies for a few years off this.

Still amazed that he lasted this long.

If dude has a good head on his shoulders, he'll be mega grateful that they've given him the chance to make a solid living on the indies indefinitely. 

I'd be excited for Styles/Brock if I had any faith at all it was going to be more than the same mailed in crap we've been seeing from Brock for over a year now.  It's going to be better than Jinder/Brock at any rate.  My guess is Jinder wins the title back at one of the India shows then drops it back to AJ shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

2 other little facts about tonight - this is the first time the WWE Title switched hands on a Smackdown since Brock beat Kurt in 2003 in their Iron Man Match.

It's also the first time the belt has changed hands outside of North America. 

That brings back memories.  That match sucked to watch live.

• Like 1

If I had to guess Jinder beats AJ for the title on the first night of the India tour, defends against Owens on the second night then at Clash of Champions we get Jinder vs AJ and AJ regains the championship and boom AJ vs Nakamaru at Mania. I'd go all out and have Nak win the Rumble (they could run the EC as winner faces Brock at Mania with Roman picking up the win) and start the build.