DVDVR Message Board

RIC FLAIR 30 FOR 30

Yeah its easy to talk about Flair the crappy father and husband but thats the story of a lot of wealthy sportsmen/entertainers/businessmen.  They provide financially so they think they are doing enough.  A lot of adopted kids have underlying issues as they become adults.  They can say it doesn't bother them all they want but if I dont give my wife 200% of my attention she thinks I dont love her anymore.  And the 30 in 30 got into a lot of the dysfunction in his upbringing.  An adopted child that has ADHD and other behaviour issues.  Busy parents.  Kid gets into shit and parents shuffle him off to boarding school and ignore him.  Flair is a guy that needed several years of psychotherapy to get to root of his issues but he chose the working/drinking/fucking therapy which can be fun at times but doesn't work.  Shame he needed the tragedy of a death of a child and the subsequent bottoming out to get some clarity

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 11:52 AM, Ramsey said:

I would agree with him finally coming clean and showing the toll that it took on him and his relationships. He had three other wives in between first and last. My god, that is psychic damage on an epic scale.

Considering two of those wives seemed more into marrying into a lifestyle that didn't exist much anymore and were a little nutty in their own right I think you are over selling this.  Rics first marriage was over 10 years his second over 20.  By wrestling terms that isn't too bad.  Bret Hart is on wife number three and admitted during the first marriage he wandered more than a time or two.  No one is putting him in the husbands from hell list

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What? You didn't like Snoop Dogg saying how important Flair was to the black community?

Snoop's bit just depressed me even more that Ric Flair by Killer Mike was not licensed to be in the film.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

I haven’t seen this but it’s on my list of things. I needed a place to dump something that I think most people will read and think, “I could see that” even though it will have never occurred to them at any other time.

Flair was a face champion when I first watched wrestling and retained it week to week. The move where he flipped over the turnbuckle after being whipped in, ran to the next corner then hit a move off the top was right up there was the other holy shit moves by the standards of 1989. I saw that for the first time and thought it was as cool as the Frankensteiner, monnsault, etc. And I thought nobody else could do it, which we didn’t realize was the point of many moves. Most people saw that move for the first time while he was a heel which meant it was countered. That’s a shame because it was a cool move that’s proof of Flair’s underrated list of moves.