DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL: WEEK TEN

Dewar

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

I think Florio's called it either the worst or the second worst rule in the NFL rule book because it literally does not make any kind of common sense at all.

only if you consider these Dusty Finish replay results bugs instead of features.

I grow increasingly confident the shield sees them as the latter.

3 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Has the Fox challenge/reversal ever happened before?

For those who don't know, Bears appeared to score a touchdown, ref ruled runner stepped out of bounds at the 2.  Fox challenged.  Replay official upheld the challenge, but ruled that ball carrier lost control of the ball when he lunged into the end zone.  Green Bay recovered in the end zone, so the play was ruled a touchback and GB took over the ball on the 20.  No touchdown or 1st and goal from the 2 for the Bears.

I could've sworn that exact play already happened once.this season.

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

I don't think so, but the Lions had a play ruled a go ahead touchdown with :08 left, the automatic by rule replay overturned the call, leading to an automatic :10 second run off, Falcons win. That was a tough pill to swallow.

Especially since the, despite the people saying they wouldn't have had enough time to run another play if it had been called properly on the field, they've at least twice in Stafford's career gotten a scrambled snap off in eight seconds or less, once at the goal line for a QB sneak touchdown.

I'm still pissed.

7 hours ago, Infinit said:

I think a fumble for a touchback has happened but without a coach challenging. I could be wrong, because I don't recall exactly who it happened to.

Would a better rule not be to return it to the original line of scrimmage, regardless of where it's put out of bounds?