DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 11/9/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Texano def. Phil Atlas

Impact Wrestling - Airing November 9, 2017 from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

*Show opens with Eli Drake and Chris Adonis out for a promo. Adonis praises Eli as champion. Eli declares he has the night off because there is nobody left to challenge him. Eli trashes Canada until Petey Williams interrupts to challenge him. Eli says he'll give him a shot maybe next week. Petey attacks Eli and sets up for the Canadian Destroyer but Adonis pulls him to safety.

*Matt Sydal def. Sonjay Dutt with the Shooting Star Press. Jimmy Jacobs did commentary. After the match, Ethan Carter III came out and ripped Sydal for always choking in the big moments.

*Eddie Edwards(c) def. El Hijo Del Fantasma after the Die Hard to retain the NOAH GHC Title.

*oVe (Dave Crist, Jake Crist, & Sami Callihan) def. Phil Atlas, Ray Steele, & Markus Burke in a six man tag. After the match, LAX confront oVe. Homicide attacks from the other side and sets up for the Gringo Killer on Sami but oVe pull him out.

*(Aired from Border City Wrestling): Allie def. KC Spinelli after a death valley driver.

*Backstage, McKenzie Mitchell interviews Global Forged Winner Hakim Zane but Johnny Impact interrupts and shoves him aside. Alberto el Patron shows up and they brawl backstage in catering. Braxton Sutter & Caleb Konley got involved but were beat up. Alberto & Johnny fought outside and eventually to the ring. Alberto gets the mic to trash the company and the fans. Alberto teases fighting but turns to leave. Johnny brings up Alberto's father which brings him back and they brawl further. Alberto gets the Cross Armbreaker in the ropes until refs break it up.

I normally don't read spoilers but I checked these out to see if I would even bother tuning in for the next few months and so far the answer is No. Any chance they splice in some more matches from NOAH and AAA or did that deal go with Double J?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I normally don't read spoilers but I checked these out to see if I would even bother tuning in for the next few months and so far the answer is No. Any chance they splice in some more matches from NOAH and AAA or did that deal go with Double J?

I would think they would for some of the later episodes if/when Impact guys work those companies again, similar to how the last round worked where Impact was taped through October in August and they ended up using matches from NOAH and Border City that took place in October.

This is really just archetypal TNA.

You don't berate a guy for always choking after he WINS a match, people.

Is Mundo/Impact/Morrison/Hennigan/Nitro a heel, shoving the rookie and bringing up his opponent's dad? Is Del Rio a heel for badmouthing the company, etc?

You have two top stars in Del Rio and Lashley badmouthing the company or demanding their release.

All we need is for Darren Young to be a shocking surprise and we'll have TNA Bingo (although I guess Santino from the PPV might count?)

• Haha 1

I totally brainfarted that Sami really is from Ohio.

God I hope they do more with Hakim Zane.  He and Ace Perry carried XICW in Detroit and an indie in Ohio on their backs for years.  Zane and Shane Strickland put on a clinic one time for the XICW title.

Great start to the Alberto/Johnny feud, that brawl was awesome. I enjoyed their feud back in Lucha Underground so I'm looking forward to this with the roles reversed. Sydal/Sonjay was good with a ton of time and Edwards/Fantasma good stuff as well. Really dug the Allie/Spinelli match from BCW, big fan of KC so it's great to see her get some more exposure here. Seemed like their match had a hot crowd with a nice finishing run. Glad Eli Drake's reign has lasted as long as it has, he rules as champ.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thibs said:

Super boring show. Its like they’re trying to be ROH lite.

I like the Jimmy Jocobs apperance and Sami Callihan being part of oVe. I actually like the move to Canada and think they'll do better as a Canadian indy that has TV. I thought the venue they were in looked better than the Impact Zone. I always hated how the Impact Zone looked.

Eh i thought i would like it at first but it was so quite at times. And those awful green ropes are such an eye sore.

i like the idea of Callihan with oVe but they haven’t developed it at all. No promo explaining who Callihan is, why they’re considered “family”, etc.

They have good concepts but not much creativity or character development.