DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Pete Dunne Punching Enzo Forever and Ever - 11/6/17

victor

It's in England so it just happened.  I miss spoilers.

Matt Hardy def. Curt Hawkins (Main Event)

- Gallows and Anderson def. Heath Slater and Rhyno (Main Event)

- Miz TV with Kurt Angle (Curtis Axel is selling last week’s attack with a neck brace); the GM apologized for what happened to Daniel Bryan last week, but said he had nothing to do with it. Miz didn’t believe him, and was upset Axel didn’t get an apology. That led to Kurt making a non-title Miz vs. Braun Strowman match for later on in the show.

- Jason Jordan def. Elias in a guitar-on-a-pole match after smashing him in the face with the instrument; Elias got the guitar down first, but JJ took it away from him

- Backstage segment with Angle talking to Cesaro and Sheamus; this sets up a tag title match for later

- Asuka def. an enhancement talent

- Samoa Joe vs. Titus O’Neil either was a quick win for Joe or doesn’t happen because The Destroyer jumped Titus during his entrance, but when he asks for a real challenge, we do get...

- Samoa Joe vs. Finn Bálor ends in a double countout after a long match due to the longtime foes brawling outside; They’re separated by security on the ramp, then Angle comes out and says that’s the kind of fire he wants on his team, names both guys to Raw’s Survivor Series squad

- Backstage, Kurt makes Jason Jordan the fifth member of his team

- Bayley and Sasha have an interview with Mike Rome backstage; they talk their Survivor Series credentials from last year and say they’re going to convince Foxy to put them on this year’s team

- Bayley and Sasha Banks def. Nia Jax and Alicia Fox via submission (Bank Statement on Alicia) amidst lots of “Hey Bayley” sing-song chants

- Fox says she wants Banks on her Survivor Series team, but doesn’t say anything about The Hugster

- Miz vs. Braun Strowman becomes a one vs. all battle. Strowman takes out The Miztourage and then here comes KANE! Braun slips out of a chokeslam and hits the running powerslam, but Kane sits up. All four heels attack, but The Monster Among Men fights them all off to stand tall.

- Renee Young talks to Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins about their title defense

- Enzo Amore is here for a promo about his championship defense at the PPV. His opponent Kalisto is out, taking a seat at ringside. The GM appears to announce that Amore is wrestling tonight - against UK champ Pete Dunne! It’s the Bruiserweight’s Raw debut.

- Pete Dunne def. Enzo Amore via pinfall following Bitter End; Kalisto raised Dunne’s arm after the match.

- The UK Championship division has been invited to 205 Live tomorrow. In addition to Dunne, Tyler Bate, Mark Andrews, Judas Devlin and others are shown on a graphic in the arena.

- Following a hype piece for Lesnar/Mahal at the PPV, it’s announced Brock will be on the ‘go home’

- Charly Caruso interviews Alexa Bliss backstage; the champ shuts down Charly trying to bring up how she ran away during #UnderSiege, and reminds Natalya that she couldn’t win the belt when they were both on SmackDown.

- Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins (in their Shield tactical gear) vs. The Bar (in Liverpool kits) for the Raw tag team titles; late in the match, New Day’s music hits and they come through the crowd, asking fans how they like the three hour b-show. They bring up how Raw never retaliated to their first attack, and called this Under Siege part two. The Raw locker room comes out with Kurt Angle to ensure no further shenanigans, and while that’s going on...

- The Bar def. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins via pinfall following a Brogue Kick to Ambrose to become the new Raw tag team champions

That was a quality distraction finish.  Of course, they're probably jobbing the belts right back next Monday. 

Also, I don't know who that was in the ring, but the Pete Dunne I know would've brained Kalisto at the first opportunity.  

EDIT -- I also fixed the title to something better. 

• Like 3

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Raw is Pete Dunne Punching Enzo Forever and Ever - 11/6/17

When Big Cass is healthy the new ending to every RAW should be Dunne punches Enzo, Enzo gets up and eats a Brogue Kick from Sheamus, Enzo gets up and gets hit with Big Cass’ Big Boot and then Braun and Brock can have a contest to see who can throw Enzo’s lifeless body further.

1 minute ago, Brysynner said:

When Big Cass is healthy the new ending to every RAW should be Dunne punches Enzo, Enzo gets up and eats a Brogue Kick from Sheamus, Enzo gets up and gets hit with Big Cass’ Big Boot and then Braun and Brock can have a contest to see who can throw Enzo’s lifeless body further.

I would still re-unite Enzo and Cass once Cass comes back.

• Like 2

Honestly, I still want to see Cedric Alexander vs AJ Styles, but the former has to get his clout up.

But since UK is going to 205 tomorrow, I might stay up for a Pete Dunne/Tyler Bate vs Cedric teaser. Or something.

WWE has too much damn talent to not book matches like they should. I do not care because getting my ideal matches out of this company is like pulling teeth. It was miracle that we got Finn vs AJ for fuck's sake.

29 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Big Cass tried to warn us, folks. Why didn't we listen?

We didn't listen because Cass had to be a pussy and make it look like he was attacked too. Pete Dunne doesn't need any elaborate schemes. He just goes up to Enzo and punches or elbows him in the face.

27 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

They announced the UK guys would be on 205 Live tomorrow night.  This would be a great opportunity to set up a CW vs UK 5 on 5 match but such a potential match will be too good to actually get booked alongside the others on SS.

They didn't fly the CW wrestlers over on the European tour.  That's why the UK guys will be on 205 Live.

• Like 1

Just now, nofuture said:

They didn't fly the CW wrestlers over on the European tour.  That's why the UK guys will be on 205 Live.

Mother fuck....

giphy.gif

It's like this company just wants to fuck with me. Oh well... I guess the UK guys are cool/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All in on a New Day vs. Shield match. Crap. I was hoping for Shield vs. Wyatts again but I'll gladly take this. That match could be off the rails. I hope they actually beef for a while because those promo battles would be a lot of fun. I love it when New Day get hyped and serious for a minute. 

As much as I enjoyed the bulk of Strowman's shit-talking tonight ("You can't run from me!"") that part where he stood face-to-face with Kane and shouted "YOU PUT ME IN A GARBAGE TRUCK" was one of the silliest things I've ever heard on Raw.

Also, count me in the minority, but I wasn't really feeling the Dunne-Enzo match as much as most.  The idea was good, but the execution was poor.  Dunne didn't really get to do much, Enzo even got to go on offence (which should not have happened, quite frankly, he should have just ate offence for 4-5 minutes) and I don't really care for Dunne's finisher.  And Enzo REALLY deserved a proper beating tonight, especially after he gave away the result of his Survivor Series match then realized what he'd done and tried to backtrack.

Miz, Bo and Axel took some insane bumps tonight.  I hope Strowman bought them a beer afterwards.