DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis (11/11/2017) - Norfolk, VA (Ted Constant Convocation Center)

Elsalvajeloco

I'm not sure why you would roll up the board shorts if you're not going to throw kicks. I think that might be why Pat Barry use to do it when he was fighting. Otherwise, you probably should just get the vale tudo/compression ones.

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Man, the heavyweight division is sad. I wonder if UFC could attract some legit heavyweight athletes if they didn't pay such ridiculously low purses.

Heavyweight boxing has dudes like Dominic Breazeale and other heavyweights who late starts who came from football. Hasn't really caused a resurgence in the division. I mean Jarrell Miller and Dillian Whyte are ex kickboxers and top 20 heavyweights. The pay ain't the issue. 

Round 2 was fucking incredible.  

I'm surprised Keith Peterson did the cut check while Pettis was basically starting to secure a triangle choke on Poirier. But anyway, I guess we're off to the second part of this unofficial Lightweight contender tournament on 12/2. 

• Like 1

Gaethje is a less athletic, sloppier, and more dinged up version of Poirier. He has heart and superhuman recovery abilities, I'll give him that.

UFC's run of good shows will likely come to a screeching halt either next week or the week following. Not a whole lot of appealing fights from what I can see. Brooks/Lentz is hidden on the prelims for some reason next week. I am unfamiliar with 90% of the fighters on the Shanghai card. I hope I'm just ignint and there are some pleasantly surprising quality fights.

• Like 1

Sydney:

Means vs. Muhammad, Brooks vs. Lentz, Shelton vs. Lausa, & Matthews vs. Velickovic

Shanghai:

Magomedsharipov vs. Sheymon Moraes and maybe Li vs. Ottow, Curran vs. Xiaonan plus Chase Sherman will probably do something insane.

Sydney should be a very decent to good card. Shanghai...you probably should get some sleep and then tune into the main card and catch the fights I listed later if they aren't on the main card.