DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis (11/11/2017) - Norfolk, VA (Ted Constant Convocation Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Show was a lot of fun live. They opened late for reasons they never told us, so it wasn't fun standing in the cold outside for 40 minutes, but the plus side of that was they rushed through the pre-prelim so there were none of those long breaks I am used to seeing at live shows. Clay Guida got the "Austin is returning to save the WWF" pop, not sure how it came across on TV but he was the most popular fighter of the night. Place was legit sold out (or at least full), everyone stayed pretty into it, which isn't surprising since it was UFC's first event in the area. Here is my view, pre-show, and a shot of the crowd around when the main show was starting:

eZGE8D9.jpg

5NfQ902.jpg

Course I'm insane, so I drove back home afterwards, getting back to my place a little after 5 AM. Glad that I went though, really the heavyweight fight was the only fight that had limited redeemable qualities, overall a really fun show.

• Like 4

Had a really great time.  Show was a lot of fun. 

Crowd around me was really unhappy with the decision of the Moraes / Dodson fight and the Heavyweight fight was kinda there.  Other than that it was an entertaining night.. 

The Matt Brown KO of Sanchez was fucking brutal.  The collective OHHHHHHH~!!!! from the crowd was deafening.  My boo put her hands over her mouth while my daughter cheered.   I knew I raised her right.

I had to boogie to make the prelims because I took my daughter on a driving tour of my alma mater, Hampton University.  It was way too fucking chilly to walk around campus.  I bought myself an HU Lacrosse hoodie to wear to the fight.

Clay Guida may be the nicest human being on planet earth.

We were lucky that we didn't have to drive all the way back to Maryland that night.  My buddy has a timeshare in Williamsburg, so we crashed there for the night and did the ritual eat at a pancake house thing on Sunday morning before heading back home.

• Like 2

Glad you enjoyed it. My buddy who's girlfriend's brother just got him to start watching (and is a huge MMA fan) watched it as well and we had a time of laughing about the elbow yesterday. The brother was group texting with them while they watched the fights and called everything that happened. I said that he might want to start betting on this shit haha

EDIT: Oh, and ALL FOUR OF US, even though we weren't together, were making fun of the diaper trunks

• Like 1