DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis (11/11/2017) - Norfolk, VA (Ted Constant Convocation Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC Fight Night 120

UFC Fight Night 120: Poirier vs. Pettis 
November 11, 2017
Norfolk, VA (Ted Constant Convocation Center) 

Dustin Poirier (156) vs. Anthony Pettis (155.5) - Poirier, TKO (injury), R3 (2:08)
Matt Brown (171) vs. Diego Sanchez (170) - Brown, KO (elbow), R1 (3:44)
Andrei Arlovski (244) vs. Júnior Albini (265.5) - Arlovski, DEC (unanimous)
Nate Marquardt (185.5) vs. Cezar Ferreira (185) - Ferreira, DEC (split)
Raphael Assunção (135.5) vs. Matthew Lopez (138.5)* - Assunção, KO (punch), R3 (1:50)
Joe Lauzon (155) vs. Clay Guida (155) - Guida, TKO (punches and elbows), R1 (1:07)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
John Dodson (135.5) vs. Marlon Moraes (136) - Moraes, DEC (split)
Tatiana Suarez (115) vs. Viviane Pereira (114.5) - Suarez, DEC (unanimous)
Sage Northcutt (155) vs. Michel Quiñones (155) - Northcutt, DEC (unanimous)
Angela Hill (115) vs. Nina Ansaroff (115) - Ansaroff, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Court McGee (170) vs. Sean Strickland (169.5) - Strickland, DEC (unanimous)
Jake Collier (205.5) vs. Marcel Fortuna (205.5) - Collier, DEC (unanimous)
Darren Stewart (184) vs. Karl Roberson (184.5) - Roberson, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (3:41)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Raphael Assunção
Performance of the Night: Matt Brown
Fight of the Night: Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis

Attendance: 8,442
Gate: $642,070
Rating: 837,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jared Cannonier - Bout Moved to Another Event

1 minute ago, Hail Sabin said:

Those are 4 very solid prelims fights on FS1. 

I think the whole card from top to bottom has something interesting. FWIW Karl Roberson looked very good on the Contender series and could turn out to be a good prospect. Collier/Fortuna is probably the worst fight on paper, but even with that, Collier always has crazy looking fights. Sloppy for most of it, but at the very least fun.

I will be at this card!  My birthday is on the 10th!

If there are any reports of a dude getting drunk and falling into the Elizabeth River, that might be me.

18 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

My first UFC event since whenever the last time they came to VA, should be a fun show.

I was also in the house at the UFC show on the campus for George Mason.  That's where I got my Korean Zombie t-shirt.

24 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I will be at this card!  My birthday is on the 10th!

If there are any reports of a dude getting drunk and falling into the Elizabeth River, that might be me.

I was also in the house at the UFC show on the campus for George Mason.  That's where I got my Korean Zombie t-shirt.

I went to the 2015 show too, which was a good event but this one sounds better on paper. Top to bottom they gave Norfolk a good first show so I hope it sells well. I dunno why Dustin Poirier is on every VA card but I like him so I'm ok with it.

Felder's been enjoyable on commentary so far. He is nothing like his fighter persona. I was wondering what happened with Brian Stann... Real estate? Lame.

A much more measured approach from Sage tonight. Probably what was needed. I joke about him with my bud, but I actually want him to succeed not that it matters. He's so quick and his technique so clean. Alpha Male should be the right camp for him to improve his defensive wrestling and scrambling.

Just now, Oyaji said:

Felder's been enjoyable on commentary so far. On commentary, he is nothing like his fighter persona.

A much more measured approach from Sage tonight. Probably what was needed. I joke about him with my bud, but I actually want him to succeed not that it matters. He's so quick and his technique so clean. Alpha Male should be the right camp for him to improve his defensive wrestling and scrambling.

If his pops doesn't interfere, he should just relocate to Sacramento because this is way more a fit than any camp he could train at in Texas honestly. 

I know it was against another lower level fighter, but he looked more like an MMA fighter than a karate prodigy with some submission skills trying to be a MMA fighter.