DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory 2017 - 11/5/17

Enjoyed the show, mostly solid all around even if nothing spectacular. Abyss/Grado was pretty fun again with an exciting finishing stretch. Thought the 5150 street fight was a little underwhelming but they packed a decent amount of spots into a short time. Liked the knockouts match a lot, cool moment for Gail to break the record of most reigns for her last reign. The cage match was the crazy spectacle I hoped for though I did want to go a little longer, loved the Mo/Bonnar MMA exchanges and Moose's big dive. Great main event match from Eli and Johnny. was digging that a lot much like their last TV match. Felt like they had some great spots but didn't go in to overkill with finishers. Slightly predictable finish but I like the outcome.

Full results:

*Trevor Lee(c) def. Dezmond Xavier, Matt Sydal, Garza Jr., Petey Williams, & Sonjay Dutt (11:34) to retain the X Division Championship when Petey hit the Canadian Destroyer on Dezmond but Trevor stole the pin

*Taiji Ishimori def. Tyson Dux (4:50) with a 450 splash. During the match, Laurel Van Ness was wandering through the crowd again.

*Alberto el Patron made his return to Impact Wrestling. Alberto talked about putting his heart and soul in to this company but the cowards in the back betrayed him and screwed him. Alberto says they decided to believe the lies instead of sticking to the reports that said he didn't do anything. Alberto says there is a paper champion now that has to beat him. Alberto says this place didn't care about his family when they suspended him and took his title. Alberto complains that no one in the company checked on him or texted him even after reports showed he didn't do anything. Alberto said this place is filled with cowards, losers, and backstabbers. Alberto called out Jeremy Borash and confronted him at the table for not calling him or texting him. JB apologized and shook his hand. Alberto said he came to make a statement and teased starting with JB then said maybe not and left.

*Abyss def. Grado (10:40) with the Black Hole Slam onto a barbed wire board in a Monsters Ball Match. During the match, Laurel Van Ness came out of the crowd and hit Grado with a low blow and unprettier. Laurel went to use Janice but the lights went out and Rosemary appeared. Rosemary misted Laurel. Abyss grabbed Rosemary but she talked him down so he held Grado for her but Grado ducked causing Rosemary to mist Abyss. Abyss then blindly chokeslammed Rosemary into the thumbtacks. The stipulation was that if Grado lost, he was gone from Impact Wrestling.

*Team Impact (Ethan Carter III, James Storm, & Eddie Edwards) def. Team AAA (El Hijo del Fantasma, Texano, & Pagano) (15:38) when Storm pinned Pagano after the Last Call. EC3 tagged Storm in to make the finish and after the match, they celebrated with beers.

*oVe (Dave & Jake Crist)(c) def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) (9:19) to retain the tag team championships in the 5150 Street Fight when Sami Callihan debuted and gave Ortiz a piledriver off the apron through a table.

*Gail Kim def. Sienna(c) & Allie (9:49) after a Super Eat Defeat on Sienna to WIN the knockouts championship for a record breaking 7th and final time.

*Jimmy Jacobs showed up at the commentary table. Jeremy Borash questioned what he was doing here when he doesn't work here. Jacobs said that's what you think and walks away.

*Bobby Lashley & King Mo (w/ American Top Team) def. Moose & Stephan Bonnar (10:44) in a Steel Cage Match when Lashley pinned Moose after the Spear following interference from Dan Lambert and the ATT fighters.

*Eli Drake(c) (w/ Chris Adonis) def. Johnny Impact (19:35) to retain the Impact Wrestling worlds heavyweight championship after Alberto el Patron interfered and knocked out both guys but put Eli on top for the pinfall.

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

The last time a heralded writer left WWE for another company, the company was out of business in two years. So I guess TNA/GFW/Impact Wrestling will finally be put out of it's misery before 2020

Wait when was Jimmy Jacobs heralded for anything in the WWE?   I am not even sure if Jacobs would be on the Fererra level much less the Russo level

• Like 1

Didn't Jericho credit him for The List or am I misremembering? Guy is very smart and this would be a coup for Impact if they gave him input but who knows if the system in place would allow it to work?

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Didn't Jericho credit him for The List or am I misremembering? Guy is very smart and this would be a coup for Impact if they gave him input but who knows if the system in place would allow it to work?

Yep, he's credited Jacobs multiple times for coming up with ideas to get The List over, as well as a lot of the Steen/Jericho stuff. 

The problem with this show was how God damn many matches had interference. The Patron thing in the main might not have been that bad if ATT hadn't interfered in the cage match. And Konnan and Sami Callihan both in the tag title match. And Von Ness and Rosemary both in the Monster's Ball.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:07 AM, Brysynner said:

The last time a heralded writer left WWE for another company, the company was out of business in two years. So I guess TNA/GFW/Impact Wrestling will finally be put out of it's misery before 2020

On 11/6/2017 at 9:13 AM, hammerva said:

Wait when was Jimmy Jacobs heralded for anything in the WWE?   I am not even sure if Jacobs would be on the Fererra level much less the Russo level

Jimmy Jacobs is better than both of those hacks. 

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jimmy Jacobs is better than both of those hacks. 

Jimmy Loves Lacey alone was a billion times better than anything those two clowns ever did or will do.

• Like 1

Great main event match from Eli and Johnny. was digging that a lot much like their last TV match. Felt like they had some great spots but didn't go in to overkill with finishers. Slightly predictable finish but I like the outcome.

But the lack of a good nearfall still feels really problematic to me here. Crowd were not buying the Impact Elbow nearfall, and to me that's just bad work - Johnny is such a talent that his deficiencies are all the more frustrating. Although Eli is getting better in the ring, I also feel he got dragged into doing Impact's match which was a mistake.....it almost felt like Meltzer's criticism of him has stung, and has caused him to do goofy spot trading shit rather than going for the motherfuckin' heat. I like you Eli but tsk tsk.

It's the only match I've seen from BFG and probably the only one I will see.

On 11/6/2017 at 9:13 AM, hammerva said:

Apparently he had a big hand in the Dolph/Miz "career on the line" story too.