DVDVR Message Board

NJPW WrestleKingdom 12 in Tokyo Dome 1/4/2018

Raziel

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Rare NJPW stipulation. Can you imagine if barbed wire and thumbtacks are used?

I'd rather not, that Jericho/Ambrose match was trash.

To be fair, if Jericho comes in working a turn-of-the-millennium Main Event Garbage Match and Kenny's in Guerrilla Warfare mode then a lot of my fears are assuaged.  Jericho is not Okada. Hell, he isn't even Barreta at this point - but he knows that. He's not going to test his cardio or replay the disappointing formula he used with AJ Styles at WM 36. He's doing what he did with Owens - find a like-minded Canadian modernist, double down on the drama and bump if you must.

• Like 1

We've got our 6-man title match:

Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs
Togi Makabe, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi vs
Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Berreta vs 
Michael Elgin, Raymond Rowe & Hanson vs
Zack Sabre Jr., Takashi Iizuka & Taichi

20 hours ago, Ace said:

We've got our 6-man title match:

Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs
Togi Makabe, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi vs
Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Berreta vs 
Michael Elgin, Raymond Rowe & Hanson vs
Zack Sabre Jr., Takashi Iizuka & Taichi

Never say Gedo doesn't have a sense of humor.  

And this is supposedly War Machine's last NJPW match before having a Hoss Tag 3 way with AoP and Heavy Machinery in NXT.

• 2 weeks later...

Starts at 11 on the west coast. I just stayed up until 3 something for the Rizin show on Sunday and I'm not back to work until next week, so I'm going to give it my best shot.

I kind of agree with Meltz that it's probably not going to live up to the previous two WK shows, but that's okay. I expect Kota to drag something great out of Cody, Jericho and Omega have done a brilliant job building their match so I'm excited to see if they can pay it off, and while I wasn't crazy about the 2016 matches between Naito and Okada, I expect a way better effort. I'm scared for Tanahashi's health more so than Jericho's. Guy needs to take some time off and hopefully this is his last match for a while. 

NJPW World is broadcasting the last big pre-WK press event right now.  You have to figure they’re going to shoot another big Jericho/Omega angle of some sort to generate some last minute hype and have the internet buzzing again in the lead up to the show tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Jay White spitting hot fire.

It's hard to take him seriously as a bad ass when he's got such a boyish face though.

I’ve been thinking the same thing, but this promo really sold me on him.  I still don’t see him as much of a badass, but I do buy him as the insolent upstart who sees an opportunity to take down the old lion in winter.

I was like, “Sweet, they’re bringing in a table.  We all know what’s gonna happen with that!”

But apparently I did not know, because the answer turned out to be “some female pop stars are going to come out and chat for a while.”

• Like 1

I'm so fucking pumped. I think I'm going to try to stay up for it or at the very least, go to bed early and then set an early alarm. Man I want Naito to win so bad. It's almost reached a "if Naito loses, we riot" type of feeling for me.

That's what I want, but I think Okada wins.

• Like 3

I feel completely the opposite. Okada reaching Misawa-God level has been incredible to watch and really grown on me the past year. His flexibility and storytelling is next level. However, Naito's popularity has skyrocketed the past few years and it makes sense to capitalize on that at the biggest show of the year. I'm repeating myself, but Naito winning throws a wrench in my second most anticipated match (Kenny finally beating a fully fit Okada for the belt and that's a long term story they've done a masterful job building towards), so I'm pulling for Okada but expecting them to do what makes sense business-wise. 

• Like 1